Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with new phone

• 26-09-2006 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi

My parents bought me a new ELLE SMARTPHONE a few weeks ago(early birthday present)

Anyone else know of anyone having problems with these types of phones?Its been freezing during calls texts are coming through days late and my ringtone continues playing even when ive answered the phone-The phones a piece of crap-excuse my french!!!

When I brought it back to be fixed the girl in the shop said it was over the 30day warranty and she would have to send it off to be fixed.But my brothers gf told me she had the phone a few months ago and three times she had to send it back to be fixed-and they kept fobbing her off saying there was nothing wrong with it and eventually she threw it away!

The woman in the shop mentioned when i brought it in that a lot of people were bringing these phones back with problems.Does this mean that if i keep having problems with it they wont fob me off and say its ok.

I dont want my parents gift to have been a waste!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/phones_alcatel_elle.html

That the one? If so it's no smartphone. Most phone have a manufacturers 12 month warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

dunno where u live but if u r in dublin go to sandyford industrial estate and go to the phone repair company yourself and it takes a few days max instead of a few wks (cut out the middle man-neteor) and its free aswell (coz its still in warrenty). hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Most of the repair companies have the manufacturers warranty at 15 months I think. Let them send it off and see what comes back on the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

the 30 day warranty is that if u bring it back with problems within 30 days they will replace it for you- otherwise it will be sent off

BreadBoard wrote:
    http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/phones_alcatel_elle.html

That the one? If so it's no smartphone. Most phone have a manufacturers 12 month warranty.

ya i ment glamphone sorry about that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

pepper wrote:
    the 30 day warranty is that if u bring it back with problems within 30 days they will replace it for you- otherwise it will be sent off

Correct. You won't pay anything for the repair now either as it would be under the manufacturer warranty, you would just have to wait for it a bit longer.

okay!So what rights would i have regarding what my bros gf said!If i get it back and its still freezing will they just keep sending it off all the time or am i entitled to a replacment or something-Also since the storewoman said a lot of people are bringing them back with problems would they just replace all those who bought them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

pepper wrote:
    okay!So what rights would i have regarding what my bros gf said!If i get it back and its still freezing will they just keep sending it off all the time or am i entitled to a replacment or something-Also since the storewoman said a lot of people are bringing them back with problems would they just replace all those who bought them?

look up consumer affairs in phone book and talk to them and read this
    your contract is with the shop and don't let anyone else tell you different

if the goods are faulty or not of merchantable quality or not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a remedy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

remedy can however be chosen by the store, and if they choose repair, then you just have to wait for the phone to be repaired. sometimes the repair company will replace a phone but that's teh repair company's perogative and nothing to do w/ the shop.

spend money on a decent phone instead.

Advertisement