Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going to the roisin's birthday?

Options
  • 26-09-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

anyone going to the roisin's birthday this thursday?

i've been at sh*tloads of the strange brew nights, right back to the warwick and beyond.

g'wan the roisin!
    fancy dress too i hear!

Md

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

i've been at sh*tloads of the strange brew nights, right back to the warwick and beyond.

Meh tbh, I've been to 'em before they were in the Warwick, back when Gugai was playing in O'Malley's and before that, Liquid in Salthill at £1 a drink night on thursdays. Man, those were the times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

Meh tbh, I've been to 'em before they were in the Warwick, back when Gugai was playing in O'Malley's and before that, Liquid in Salthill at £1 a drink night on thursdays. Man, those were the times! :D

:rolleyes: So long ago.....

Just to let you know, it's not the Roisin's birthday - we missed it this year because of the building work. It's Strange Brew's 200th night on Thursday so we're having a fancy dress party in the Warwick tonight - free admission - and then on Thursday in the Roisin it's the 200th night. Expect rice crispy buns, cake, and live music from DELORENTOS, CRAYONSMITH, MIRAKIL WHIP, JUNG TURKS, THE GHOSTWOOD PROJECT, UNKLE BOB & PATRICK FREYNE (NPB). Free in also. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

aye.. i vaguely remember seeing you at liquid and the warwick.. now them were the days....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 galwayfrancis

:rolleyes: So long ago.....

Just to let you know, it's not the Roisin's birthday - we missed it this year because of the building work. It's Strange Brew's 200th night on Thursday so we're having a fancy dress party in the Warwick tonight - free admission - and then on Thursday in the Roisin it's the 200th night. Expect rice crispy buns, cake, and live music from DELORENTOS, CRAYONSMITH, MIRAKIL WHIP, JUNG TURKS, THE GHOSTWOOD PROJECT, UNKLE BOB & PATRICK FREYNE (NPB). Free in also. :D

is that this thursday, if so, ill be there - saw the delorentos before - theyre v good!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 galwayfrancis

ill answer my own question, from roisindubh.net::

200th Strange Brew Party!
    Since it started in the Warwick around four years ago, Strange Brew has become established as one of the most respected alternative club nights in the county. Although it started out as a club night, featuring gugai playing “indie beats, alternative rock and good vibrations from the past, the present and the not too distant future”, ith it’s move to Roisin Dubh two years ago, Strange Brew has become a haven for t to a wealth of musical talent from all over the globe, featuring a broad spectum of live acts, from electronica to punk, americana to indie, and much more. Not only has it become a springboard for some of Galway’s finest acts, it also provides a great opportunity for music lovers, as there is no cover charge, and Strange Brew regularily features acts, that cost €10 - €15 to see in other cities or venues. Strange Brew also tours the country, with the second national tour coming up this November and a jaunt to Scotland planned for 2007.

To celebrate the 200th night, Strange Brew will be having a fancy dress ball in the Warwick on Wednesday night. It’s free admission and features gugai & Erika all night. There will be loads of prizes for best costumes, including a GOLD CARD for Roisin Dubh, giving one lucky person two tickets for every show for the rest of the year….

On Thursday night, it is the offical 200th night party and features live music from Strange Brew favourites DELORENTOS, CRAYONSMITH, MIRAKIL WHIP, THE GHOSTWOOD PROJECT, JUNG TURKS & PATRICK FREYNE (NPB). Followed by gugai, naturally. Come along and get some cake and rice crispy buns…..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

great stuff, looking forward to it indeed.

whats all this about fancy dress though? :)

Md

Advertisement