Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When You are Killed

Options
  • 26-09-2006 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

As soon as you are killed do any shots you have fired "Dissappear". For example, recently I have been using the anti tank kit a bit and a few times I'd get a shot off a split second before I die, I'm pretty sure that some of these were kill shots, but they never did.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Yup , happens a lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭romperstomper

that actually used to drive me nuts about cs: s but it happens in BF2 much less (still happens though). really annoying when it happens with nades and you are sitting there saying "i KNOW i got that clear"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with anti-tank rounds that have been fired. I think they just go unguided/unpowered and quickly arc down, hitting the ground. I'm pretty sure I've gotten one or two kills that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can't count the times that I lobbed a grenade, died and sat there going "Come on, come on...BAM! YES! AHAHA triple kill!"

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

As far as I know your shot still goes off, because if you plant Claymore and die, its still dangerous. Though when firing anti-tank and you get shot you fall backwards or whatnot and since you can control the aim of your rocket somewhat I'd say that it would start to stray upwards or hit the ground early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

although mines like claymores/AT mines do fade away after a set length of time after you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anything but really. I noticed the opposite alot recently. I've experienced alot of double kills, i.e. someone kills me but my last shots gets them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

happens all the time in CS:S, ya die, but you've thrown a nade, yay! revenge kill from beyond!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I get those double kills, but i always wonder what happens after i launch a rocket at a jeep, its headed toward the jeep when i die, but the people never blow up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SeantheMan wrote:
    I get those double kills, but i always wonder what happens after i launch a rocket at a jeep, its headed toward the jeep when i die, but the people never blow up :confused:

It drops down. Generally when I kill someone with a jeep machine gun the rocket they fired blasts the ground right in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I've sometimes seen the same thing where you fire an anti-tank missile then duck behind a wall (you know, to avoid getting killed and all) and despite being on target when you fire, it doesn't hit the target after you lose sight of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

If killed at your spawn point, and with a short respawn cycle is it possable to respawn at the same spot and revive yourself??

See here :Dhttp://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=30&threadID=124329

Vortex indeed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

but yet ya cant revive a lad who has just left the server even though ge revives a body. And yes ive gotten a load of nade kills after ive already dies. ANd since the new patch Ive noticed that double kill a lot too, you get him and he gets you kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

i've notice myself that im getting a lot more kills after i have died since patch 1.4 came out too. Where as before the patch if i died my bullets or explosives would disappear the second i died!

Advertisement