Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help! who to choose nokia - motorola - sony ??

• 26-09-2006 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Ok so I really really wanted to get the Nokia 6280 - but after 3 months of waiting for Vodafone - they've decided to not release it at all!! I know it's available with 3 but a bit weary of moving to three - besides the guy at vodafone said that the reason why they're not releasing the phone is because batterlife in it is crap...

anyway - i'm really looking for a nice new phone - have been seriously thinking of changing to Motorolo - like the look of the V3X but have always and ever had a nokia and again i feel a bit weary of changing. Would like a Nokia 3g phone but they're all so dam bulky and awkward looking. What does everyone think of the Motorola V3X? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Much appreciate any replies..thanks john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

jom1133 wrote:
    Ok so I really really wanted to get the Nokia 6280 - but after 3 months of waiting for Vodafone - they've decided to not release it at all!! I know it's available with 3 but a bit weary of moving to three - besides the guy at vodafone said that the reason why they're not releasing the phone is because batterlife in it is crap...

anyway - i'm really looking for a nice new phone - have been seriously thinking of changing to Motorolo - like the look of the V3X but have always and ever had a nokia and again i feel a bit weary of changing. Would like a Nokia 3g phone but they're all so dam bulky and awkward looking. What does everyone think of the Motorola V3X? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Much appreciate any replies..thanks john

Decide on what features you want and then put them into priority,

e.g.:

Camera: 1.3, 2meg, 3meg, autofocus, flash
    Smartphone: If yes - Symbian or Windows Mobile OS
    Form factor: candybar, flip, slide
    WiFi
    Screen resolution
    Push Email
    Keyboard

If Nokia look at N70, E61, N80, N93 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sony Ericsson do the best cameras compared to Nokias, mostly.

Some reviews and articles: www.gsmarena.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

don't buy a motorola, you'll regret it just like my friend who just send his third v3x back for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

@skeron: You can add N73 to that list it should be a pretty decent phone when its made available on the networks here.

Three UK and Vodafone UK have the Nokia N80 and the Nokia N73. Only Three IE sell the N80 in Ireland AFAIK. And none of the Irish networks has the lovely N73 yet. Why is it that we always have to wait ages while the UK are miles ahead of us in handset selection. If 3 IE can get ahead of vodafone on this and supply handsets here as they become available in the UK, it may help them in the long run as people go to them to get better phones.. who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Depends what you want the phone for tbh the only reason id go with nokia is because of series 60 other than that the sony's have everything really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

don't buy a motorola, you'll regret it just like my friend who just send his third v3x back for repair.

Seconded. Bought one last year as i needed a new phone quickly, and due to Vodafone Ireland's miserable selection it was the only vaguely interesting phone available at the time.

It could be the worst phone i've ever owned;
    The screen goes blank at random intervals.

If i close the phone anyway other than very very gently it turns itself off

Every couple of weeks if freezes on me, the only (short term) solution being for me to a master reset.

TBH, i've never owned ANY Motorola that wasn't trouble.

Advertisement