Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TalkTalk just called offered Broadband of 6mbs for 24.99

Options
  • 26-09-2006 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I live in Skerries and had talktalk call there offering BB and free calls to uk , us ,canada for free.
    I didnt give them my eircom number what do you guys think they are going to phone me Thursday or Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Are they reselling some other ISPs ADSL service?

I can't see any info on any broadband service on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

They said BroadBand wont be available in Skerries untill november so maybe they are useing there own lines

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

So far they don't have any lines of their own. They took over Tele2 CPS. Are you sure someone hasn't go mixed up with UK, where they really do offer BB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

this sounds like arse to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 a line failure

6 megs for 24.99? This must be a mix-up, this is Ireland for gods sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

6 megs for 24.99? This must be a mix-up, this is Ireland for gods sake.
    They would have to unbundle to offer even this relatively paltry speed, because it is not available to cartel members on the wholesale "agreement".

You need deep pockets to venture into unbundling in
    Ireland (of the BillGates[FONT=&quot] variety). Otherwise the bastards will shut you down and you will loose your trousers in the process! This sort of company does not come across as being of the deep pocketed variety.

.probe

[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Psygnosis wrote:

if its 6mbs then it might possibly be adsl2...
    Perhaps adsl2 is to be launched soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

They should be contacting me tommorow do u guys think this is crap I told the bloke I have utv BB and 3mb line he said talktalk will have 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

probe wrote:
    They would have to unbundle to offer even this relatively paltry speed, because it is not available to cartel members on the wholesale "agreement".

You need deep pockets to venture into unbundling in
    Ireland (of the BillGates[FONT=&quot] variety). Otherwise the bastards will shut you down and you will loose your trousers in the process! This sort of company does not come across as being of the deep pocketed variety.

.probe

[/FONT]
    An "unbundled" line costs the provider €15.09 plus VAT per month. That's €18.25 in real money. And the associated costs that an operator incurs before they can unbundle any lines in a given exchange just boggle the mind.

So you can be fairly sure that you won't be getting 6MB DSL on any Irish telephone line for €25/month. €25 a week, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Seems like they are saying that they gonna have 6meg in the near future. Looks like they want to get you under contract with promises. If they cant provide now then avoid them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I see the Smart CPS sales team has moved en masse to Talk Talk, promising their BB where there is none to get the punters on CPS .

Advertisement