Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS software for Nokia N91

Options
  • 26-09-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

Looking at two different ones. Both claim to have 100% Irish coverage but which one is better?

Route 66 or Wayfinder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

I only know Route 66 and find it very easy to use. The GUI is simple and straightforward. It comes with Navteq maps for either UK/ Ireland or Europe.

The latest uk / Ireland maps are Q2 2006 which for Ireland are as near to 100% coverage as possible.

There are posts in airis thread which show map detail screenshots.

I dont have any experience of Wayfinder...others may help you here.

Eirlink

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks. Apparently, after reading through the Wayfinder FAQ, you need an internet connection for route updates. Which negates the whole point of it to be honest. It's not for traffic updates, but for route updates. Up to 120kb a hour, which is 2.40euro on my bill. No thanks.

Getting Route 66 now. Thanks

Got the Route 66 mobile pack, with the receiver for 225 delivered, which wasn't bad. Would have prefered to get it from the Irish site, but at 100euro more expensive, you're having a laugh.

Just a quick thumbs up for the guys at Route 66. Got the package with the receiver, software and an (unneeded) MMC card for 225 in delivery. Ordered on the 28th. Shipped from Holland at 4pm. Arrived in France at 12am. Arrived at my doorstep at 8am. Damn, that's good service. On an unrelated note, I will be using Fedex from now on ahead of DHL and Interlink. That's how you do a courier service.

Advertisement