Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meatloaf's "The Monster Is Loose"

• 26-09-2006 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

On the official Meatloaf Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/meatloaf

I notice the last thread about this was edited into oblivion and closed, so i thought id do people a favour and post this one which can't (or at least should not) be wiped out. I dont know what the other one linked to cos i didnt get a chance to see it, but i assume it was to a Mp3 of the file somewhere, this is just a link to his page.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Its a pretty shíte song, so if you dont get to hear it, your not really missing much, its nothing compared to Bat Out Of Hell I or II, not catchy or anything, lacks the energy, just a bunch of crap nu-metalish riffs, with little slightly orchestral interludes every now and again. His voice isnt on top form either...i suppose thats what you get for letting John 5 and modern day Nikki Sixx to help write the songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Its a pretty shíte song, so if you dont get to hear it, your not really missing much, its nothing compared to Bat Out Of Hell I or II, not catchy or anything, lacks the energy, just a bunch of crap nu-metalish riffs, with little slightly orchestral interludes every now and again. His voice isnt on top form either...i suppose thats what you get for letting John 5 and modern day Nikki Sixx to help write the songs.

youve obviously been listening to the song with your ears shut, i pray that u never become a music journalist, because if you can produce the kind of masterpieces meatloaf is producing when your the age he is now, you should be so lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm lookin forward to hearin how he does with some of Steinman's songs on this album. Can't really hope for too much with the rest of the stuff. In particular I'd like to hear Bad For Good, the original is classic stuff

youve obviously been listening to the song with your ears shut, i pray that u never become a music journalist, because if you can produce the kind of masterpieces meatloaf is producing when your the age he is now, you should be so lucky

Come on now, i mean compare it to his previous work, especially Bat out of hell I and II, its not very good really. And Meatloaf isnt producing anything, all he is basically is singing the songs, he hasnt put anything into the songs himself. He is, for all intents and purposes, a hired gun.

And truthfully, he isnt singing as well as he could be because the song isnt letting him, it doesnt suit him and he doesnt seem to be able to do anything special with it.

I hope that "The Monster Is Loose" is just a bad song and doesnt reflect the rest of the album, id love it if the album was excellent, but Monster is Loose doesnt give me much hope really.

Edit: Just listened to the new song It's All Coming Back To Me Now and its so much better than The Monster Is Loose, His vioce is on top form and its songs like a good old Meatloaf song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

all comin back to me is a celine dion cover albeit it sounds really ****ing good.....i think the album in all is good wasint too pushed on the first song..the name escapes me but all in all a decent album nothing compared to the first 2 but a good album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

all comin back to me is a celine dion cover albeit it sounds really ****ing good

Celine's version was actually a cover of the song that was done on a Steinman album with all women singing on it

Have to hear Bad For Good though!

Fozzy wrote:
    Celine's version was actually a cover of the song that was done on a Steinman album with all women singing on it

Have to hear Bad For Good though!

learn something new every day!! cheers

all comin back to me is a celine dion cover albeit it sounds really ****ing good.....i think the album in all is good wasint too pushed on the first song..the name escapes me but all in all a decent album nothing compared to the first 2 but a good album

I knew it as familiar, couldnt quite place it. theyve done something with it though havent they, its structured different or has different lyrics or something...either way it sounds better than the original. I hope there isnt much more plagarising of his own songs on this album, i dont like it when people just rewrite their old songs (W.A.S.P.'s The Neon God comes to mind)

oL blackie lawless lost it after the headless children!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have heard most of the album and I don't think it's going to be a classic, I'm afraid. The singing is decidedly average by his standards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement