Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson W950i - will it be released by Irish networks?

• 26-09-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm very intrigued by the SE w950i, but its nearly e900 sim free on expansys :eek: Does anyone know if any Irish network will release it? If so when is it likely to be released and how subsidised will it be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Anyone?

I emailed o2, vodafone and 3 and they all told me they didnt know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Since it hasn't even gotten a UK release yet, I wouldn't hold your breath. I think I heard something about Three getting it towards the end of the year.

According to the 3 website its out next month. I hope its not horribly expensive

http://three.ie/ireland/imusic/handsets.omp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Apparently its in stock with 3. Friend of mine called and was quoted €349 on upgrade (€25pm pp).. Have to call and verify today sometime as they called late at night and the pseron didn't have stock numbers, just on the system etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I was quoted a price for the Nokia N73 in late August, they said they would have it in for September, maybe late September but before October. They still dont have it. They told me the W950i was something they were looking into but they had no price and couldnt confirm if they were going to get it. All I can say is they better not bring out the W950i before/instead of the N73 or I will be pissed. IMHO, the N73 is a far better phone, and both handsets play back music just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Got one 3 weeks ago. Don't bother..its crap! Symbian 9.1..what was I thinking of? No voip, No MP4 video playback even though it says it can, constant hanging, slows to a crawl if you move from one ap to the other too quick. Simple stuff like MSN messenger costs extra but with no audio. The FM radio cant be used with bluetooth headsets??? only wired! it goes on. Get a windows OS phone and stay away from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

dathi1 is that the nokia or the w950?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dathi1 wrote:
    The FM radio cant be used with bluetooth headsets??? only wired! it goes on.

Well the wire for the headset acts as the antenna for the radio so even if it would work with a BT headset, you'd only be listening to static.

I thought I read in one of the very early reviews of the 950i that it could only playback music that had been bought from the sony connect store or something horrendous like that...perhaps they changed that feature though.
    Nice lookin' phone...not sure how durable that touch-screen would be with day to day use but...

dathi1 wrote:
    Got one 3 weeks ago. Don't bother..its crap! Symbian 9.1..what was I thinking of? No voip, No MP4 video playback even though it says it can, constant hanging, slows to a crawl if you move from one ap to the other too quick. Simple stuff like MSN messenger costs extra but with no audio. The FM radio cant be used with bluetooth headsets??? only wired! it goes on. Get a windows OS phone and stay away from this.

Is this the n73 or w950?

The main reason I'm interested in the w950 is the 4gb memory which would double as a second mp3 player. Also, I want to move away from nokia (my pc boots up 40 seconds quicker than my 3230)

Advertisement