Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N91

• 26-09-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking for a new phone and was thinking about getting an N70. However, I'm with Meteor and I've noticed they've got the Nokia N91 available now. Is it a good phone?

Just wanted some feedback. Also, what would be a good bill plan on Meteor? A good few of my friends are on Meteor and I want to keep my number so I'd like to stick with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dont bother going for the n91, its rediculously big, rediculously expensive, rediculously later than scheduled. you can get the w810 with a separate 4gb memory card and still save over €100 on the n91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Lemlin wrote:
    A good few of my friends are on Meteor and I want to keep my number so I'd like to stick with them.

You can switch to the other operators and still keep your number.
    theteal wrote:
    dont bother going for the n91, its rediculously big, rediculously expensive, rediculously later than scheduled. you can get the w810 with a separate 4gb memory card and still save over €100 on the n91

A very subjective statement there newbie.

Lemlin, Google for reviews of the N91 and make your own mind up. I was considering it and I found plenty of reviews that were quite helpful, helpful enough to convince me it wasn't the phone for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If most of his friends are on Meteor, why would be change? He can get Talk 400, which is 400 minutes a month to other networks and landlines, and unlimited texts and calls to all his friends for 60 a month. The phone is then 399. That's a pretty good deal.

The N91 is nice. It can do a lot. Yes, it's big, but what do you expect with a 4gig HD? It's about the same size as the older phones we had about 6 years ago, but you can do a lot with it due to the S60 software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going to get Talk 400 but what might be a better phone in the 250 to 400 price bracket than the N91? I have always liked the N70 but what might be better?

I'd be willing to buy a Vodafone phone and get them to unlock it or buy simless if needs be.

• Advertisement

The Sony Ericsson W810i is a great phone and a steal at 99euro on Talk 400. Great battery life, easy to use and great sound. Only downside is the lack of software for the phone, in the way the N91 has loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

tom dunne wrote:

QUOTE]

When does a person move out of the 'newbie' category and no longer be subjected to derogatory patronising crap like this from people who think that because they have a load of posts they are wiser and better informed than others who have recently joined?

QUOTE]

When does a person move out of the 'newbie' category and no longer be subjected to derogatory patronising crap like this from people who think that because they have a load of posts they are wiser and better informed than others who have recently joined?

When they learn how to use the QUOTE tags and other quality time-saving features of this forum.

In all fairness, his post was completely irrelevant and 'rediculous', whatever that means :)

chrislad wrote:
    In all fairness, his post was completely irrelevant and 'rediculous', whatever that means :)

I think you know that he meant 'ridiculous'. His post wasn't ridiculous - it was just his opinion. He is entitled to one, isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Pansy Potter, Was there something wrong with your leche solara account?

He's a guy in here who logs on to my machine sometimes.
    He introduced me to this place.
    He comes in mostly at night from home.
    This sort of thing is frowned upon in work.

And he has the same first name?

There are reasons why that may seem to be the case.
    But I can't go into them in a public forum.

Feel free to pm me :)

Asok wrote:
    Feel free to pm me :)

How do I do that, and do I really need to?
    Is it normal for newcomers to boards.ie to be subjected to such scrutiny.
    It feels like I'm trying to enter the USA illegally.

How do I do that, and do I really need to?
    If you click on Asok's name, a menu should drop down. One of the options in the message is to send a private message.

And yes, you do really need to.
    Is it normal for newcomers to boards.ie to be subjected to such scrutiny.
    If moderators have reason to suspect something is amiss, yes.
    It feels like I'm trying to enter the USA illegally.
    Get used to it. And have a nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

well done lads for spoiling lemlins thread(@pansy potter: p*ss off if you have nothing to say about the thread topic then keep your trap shut..that what makes you a newbie(or are you...O.o??) by suggesting that)
    ...back to the subject,yes the n91 is large and i did find it very heavy(boy..is it heavy), i found it to be a bit top heavy so when holding it got a bit uncomfortable after a while...but once you notice how many songs you have and ability to connect to wireless networks (wifi)with that savage browser,you mite get over it.The screen is low res screen (208X176) could of done with qvga(320X240) at least so the pics dont come as good as it should, the camera is great just like the n70, symbian os is great for installing games,apps etc!There a bit of impact on the battery cos of having a hd and all that!
    by the way 8gig version is on its way!
    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/4329_Nokia_set_to_announce_portfoli.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Try d N80, same features, smaller but needs a card. I got a 2 gig card off 7dayshop.com pretty cheaply.

Would I be as well off going for the w810i then? You see I'm a Nokia fan and have always liked Nokias.

Is there any new Nokia coming out that might be good to get on Meteor or simless? I have an Ipod anyway so I wouldn't really use it for music.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    Would I be as well off going for the w810i then? You see I'm a Nokia fan and have always liked Nokias.

Is there any new Nokia coming out that might be good to get on Meteor or simless? I have an Ipod anyway so I wouldn't really use it for music.

There is the n95, n75 nd n73 music edition. Look pretty nice but mightn't be out for a while. The n95 has everything including gps.

This site has the latest nokia phones

Is there any site I can look up which has prices etc.?

No sites for the new ones
    Try http://www.onedaymobile.ie
    for sim free phones currently out

Think I'll go for the w810i. Anyone got links to any threads or comments about it on Boards?

Lemlin wrote:
    Is there any site I can look up which has prices etc.?

Try here.

Not always the cheapest, but great service.

W810i is on Meteor for 99. They are unlocked as well so if you are getting a bill anyways, no need to pay sim free prices.

Yeah, that's what I've been looking at. They reckon the deal for free texts and calls to other Meteor phones for life on Talk 400 is over on October 2nd. Do you think they'll extend it? I won't be able to get my driver's licence or passport until Monday because they're in Cavan.

Would they accept a Garda ID?

They most certainly won't accept a Garda ID. The offer isn't ending until the end of November. Website seems to be out of date.

You can give the store a ring and ask if it's okay if you drop the licence in during the week. Just get your licence serial number and you should be okay. Make sure your bill is less than 3 months old, has no arrears and that you have bank direct debit details with you.

Would they take a pay slip? If not, I'll have to order a statement.

• Advertisement

All they will accept is the following. All have to be dated less than 3 months. If a bill, it must have no arrears on it. Current bill is not arrears.

-Bank Statement
    -Credit Card Statment
    -Motor Tax Renewal Letter
    -Motor Tax Certificate Letter
    -Insurance Letter
    -Letter from bank on headed paper, with name, address, bank details. Stamped by bank. Must be typed.
    -Phone bill (any company)
    -ESB Bill
    -Bord Gais Bill
    -Sky Bill
    -Chorus Bill

Advertisement