Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Service, No Caps

• 26-09-2006 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Are there any good deals from Broadband suppliers which have a good speed (2mb-3mb) yet dont have a download limit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ibb breeze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

smarttelecom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Utv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Out of the above 3 id say UTV are prob the best.

IBB = Internet By Buliders i.e. feckin useless
    Smart = Good if you are in a service area (quite limited)
    UTV = for €5.99 extra a month they remove the cap :) and coverage is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

AFAIK, no national ISP offers unlimited downloads

UTV dont

http://u.tv/utvclicksilver/usage_policy.asp

they have a fair access policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

So you have to take it easy for 5 hours a day, doesnt mean i you cant download like a b@st@rd outside those times. IBB screw up your connection with traffice shaping without warning (i know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Any ISP that has an uncapped service will operate a fair-use policy. Smart do, but they don't tell you at what point they would ask you to calm down, it'd likely be over 100G a month though. UTV's fair use policy is not too bad, even when you are using the service heavily they only restrict you at peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

So you have to take it easy for 5 hours a day, doesnt mean i you cant download like a b@st@rd outside those times. IBB screw up your connection with traffice shaping without warning (i know).

yes

but its not unlimited and people shouldnt claim it is

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

As far as I know my netsource service is uncapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Im a regular user of Xbox Live, Own a website and I am a serial downloader.I'm on Irish Broadband and only finaly got the good news that I can switch to wired broadband because it has finaly reached my area.What does playing games take up in terms of download?

• Advertisement
Advertisement