Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know any good free VST Plugins?

Options
  • 26-09-2006 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey folks, I'm just getting into this whole PC recording lark and am looking for a decent distortion plugin. Something really scooped and chunky for metal. think mesa boogie.

Spent hours thrawlling through sites downloading, unzipping, loading etc etc only for it to be ****e or more rock blues sounding.

So nyone got any good ones? Oh and they have to be free! Demos will do either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

http://www.kvraudio.com/

I really like free amp se 2 (think thats what it's called) but it's a cpu hog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Free Amp 2 is actully really good! Just need to beef it up a little and its rockin! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infamousajay

squibs wrote:
    I really like free amp se 2 (think thats what it's called) but it's a cpu hog.

Try increasing buffer?

Try increasing buffer?

I didn't say it was causing stuttering audio, just that it used a lot of CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

The Kjaerhus Classic series are great.

• Advertisement

They are excellent, they don't do distortion though - unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

for pc - synth1

for pc or mac - greenoak crystal

both pretty kool synths. also pick up an issue of computer music which gives away a dvd jammers full of goof stuff.

Advertisement