Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To Toronto

Options
  • 26-09-2006 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey,
    I've posted here before and I just want to thank everyone for their advice so far! Have made good use of it. I'm moving to Toronto next week and I'm booked into a hostel for just over a week but as I have a working visa for a year I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on renting an appartment or a room in a house/appartment. I just want to know what is a reasonable rent and the areas to avoid living in etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Niamh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 motormatic

i live in toronto and would be happy to offer any advice you need. depending on what you're looking for, craigslist is the best place to look for rentals. rents are going down a little bit, you can probably find a room in a house for $500 or a one bedroom apartment for $800 or so if you look around a little bit.

have you looked for jobs yet? what kind of work are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 neeviec

Hey,
    Haven't looked for a job yet, justy going to get there and see what's on offer. I'm a nurse and I have exams and stuff to do before I can register but will be looking for something in the meantime. I have no idea how long my registration will take. Maybe something in a hospital or maybe something completely different I'm not sure yet. So much for organisation! Thanks for the offer of help. I have no idea what a reasonable rent is and I just don't want to get ripped off when I get there.
    Thanks again,
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 motormatic

no problem at all. i've lived here on and off for 14 years and know the city very well. if you've got any questions at all feel free to pm me. i'll be in ireland from oct 5th until 19th but feel free before or after then:)

Advertisement