Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece MP-03 Starscream

Options
  • 27-09-2006 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Just seen what i want for Xmas :D

1159282997685yo4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Omg that is mint!

Id say it costs a bundle though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

$100 i heard

So are some company re making transformers toys from G1 or what? Coz I would be interested if so...

Takara are making the Masterpiece ones, i get them from here :

http://search.ebay.co.uk/takara-transformers_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Love the mold alot, but I would have preferred it painted with anime colours. Meh, I'll end up getting it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i just bought Optimus prime + trailer and starscream. YUMMY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

jaggeh wrote:
    i just bought Optimus prime + trailer and starscream. YUMMY!!!!!

you'll have to post pics of that stuff :)

will do, hopefully this chap will post them out right away, if so should get them in about 2.5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Jaggey, might not have been a good move. Starscream is COMPLETELY out of scale with Prime. He's about the height of Alternator Prime, MP Prime dwarfs him.

I wouldn't recommend MP Starscream at all. The colours are horrible and you can't display it with MP Prime.

2006-09-02_123254_hh10-4.jpg

Urgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Forget about colour and scale, it's still an excellent looking model. I'm putting my order in on one.

TBH i think the scale is fine, if you watch TFM you will see hotrod is about 80% the size of galvatron, and hotrod is about the same size as starscream and most of the others. then when the matrix transforms him he grows and is as tall as galvatron. but thats just my preference....

anyway im not putting them on display till i take a heatgun to them and add battle damage.

DBK wrote:
    Forget about colour and scale, it's still an excellent looking model. I'm putting my order in on one.

I think scale and colour ARE important if you're paying $100 for it(without shipping. It's basically a Binaltech, not much bigger than Wheeljack, jet at over twice the cost.

I don't think the sculpt is very good either - Starscream's face is extremely feminine, and he has two massive pieces of kibble coming from his waste. If you take those off he looks very weedy. As far as I know, there's also no Diecast in it either. So it's basically a slightly bigger Alternator,
    which you can find in many places for 20 euros. That Alt Optimus Prime you can get in Argos is about as big.
    Not only are the colours inaccurate, they don't go together.

Rip off in the extreme, if you ask me.

The MP Convoy mould has about twice as much plastic and die-cast on top of that. Not to mention it just plain looks better, and is accurate to what it's meant to be.

The MP Starscream's price should reflect this. It really doesn't. I'd pick it up if it was 40 euros inc. shipping and repaint it, which would probably cost me another fiver. It really, really isn't worth any more than that.

Geez takara are doing great work with these. I sooooo want to get that optimus prime tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I still have some of these at home, including the OP's one. :)

The man who designed the Macross VF-** class jets designed Screamer, so this is fine, fine, FINE work.

There really isn't excuse for the horrid paint job though. They could at least have given him a shade of red instead of faded pink and blue. I don't see how a white/near white jet would be that unrealistic since you get them in all sorts of colours and designs.

IMO, classics Starscream is better since he actually looks like Starscream.

19539-r.jpg
    19539-a.jpg

If you're not bothered about scale, get that instead - it's $10 as opposed to $100.

There is much better work on some of the Alernators too, especially Mirage, which we'll never see here since Hasbro Europe are idiots.

xanthor wrote:
    .....and it's not really that hard to import toys from the U.S.

this is the age of the interweb, and ebay specifically :)

if it's alternators you're after though, check out forbidden planet (if you're in dublin). they usually have a bunch in there...

Did it occur to you that they may not have any choice on if they can offer Mirage or not?

Why wouldn't they, exactly? Why should I presume this if given no evidence?

Mirage is very expensive to get online, not to mention shipping. If I'd have seen him here, I would have snapped him up.

• Advertisement

xanthor wrote:
    Got it this morning - those of you who buy one may be in for a small shock, the box is light. Lighter than a packaged Cybertron Deluxe in fact.

pics? :)

Some nice photos of the packaging and the transformation on Seibertron.com, that jet mode is flawless.

well my package is waiting in the parcel office, just have to pick it up on monday

jaggeh wrote:
    well my package is waiting in the parcel office, just have to pick it up on monday

Make sure you post us some nummy pics :D

V!alli wrote:
    Some nice photos of the packaging and the transformation on Seibertron.com, that jet mode is flawless.

Shame about the Robot mode...

I wouldn't call the Jet flawless anyway, there are a lot of clear crack lines, possibly more so than the alt. They do serve to make it more detailed looking, but not exactly "flawless". And there's the underside too.

Its flawless in reguards the engineering on him compared to others in his class, MP Primes alt mode wasn't as good as this jet mode.

well i picked up my package from the parcel office. you need a phd to transform these things i swear. ill take pics with my 10.2mp camera when i get home. starscream looks cool holding the megatron gun i got with prime.

Could you take pics of him beside Prime? I've seen a picture recently that makes him look a bit bigger than I thought. I might get the repaint when it comes out here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Rozie wrote:
    Could you take pics of him beside Prime? I've seen a picture recently that makes him look a bit bigger than I thought. I might get the repaint when it comes out here.

Surely you mean IF it comes out over here ?
    Arron Archer is not fond of it so it maybe a while before hasbro do anything with it

Advertisement