Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Trouble

• 27-09-2006 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I use to go out with this guy and this girl (they don't know each other) but told both of them that I didn't want to see them anymore. Anyway the last few months they have both been constantly ringing me and calling to my house telling me that they love me and they can't live with out me, they are both telling me that they are physically ill at the moment and need me.
    I have told them both that I don't want to be with either of them but they just won't leave me alone, sometimes I get space for about a week then one of them will ring me five or six times in the day, I'll hang up but they just ring back. They always sound bitter and fustrated.
    I'm at my wits end.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Change you phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Get their no's blocked on your phone? Buy a new sim? Request a new no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tell them both in no uncertain terms to sling their hook.
    You dont care for either of them and they are causing you grief.
    Kippy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Or you could confront them. Say that you dont deserve this kind of treatment.
    You have made your intentions clear and left them both. if they are still doing this to you its emotional blackmail and its designed to guilt you home. Its not a conscious thing on their part, but you could either change your number and have them out of your life forever, or confront them, tell them that the way they are acting is not on, and see if they stop.
    If they dont stop, then change your number!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Tell the girl you're in a relationship with a guy and tell the guy... you're in a relationship with a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

ring me five or six times in the day, I'll hang up but they just ring back. They always sound bitter and fustrated.
    I'm at my wits end.

Why are you even answering the calls? I've you've made your point and they refuse to accept it then fúck that. 5-6 calls a day isn't much anyway.

If it persists then you can change your number. I had a thread in Mobiles about that a few days ago and got some great advice from the guys over there : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054993670

As far as the calling to your house is concerned then either a) don't answer the door, b) get someone else to answer and tell them you son't want to talk to them or c) take the legal route.

I get the impression from your post that you're still trying to be kind to them. Well you've got to be cruel to be kind. Make it clear in no uncertain terms that you don't want to deal with them.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can block their number (if you have a certain type of phone). You might have to end up being cruel to be kind. Are they calling from a 'private number'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for that I will check out the blocking number route. I have told them both in no uncertain terms that I don't want to be with them, they except it, go away and come back saying but......
    The girl rang me yesterday saying she is going into hospital to get a pile of tests done, all I said was I hope your better soon, I don't want to seem totally uncaring.
    As for the guy, he hasn't been to the doctor but says that there is something wrong with his breathing and says he won't go to the doctor until I am with him. (I say no that he should go for his own benefit)
    It is the calling to te house that annoys me, I have no way of telling who is at the door until I answer it, and when I do there they are, I very rarely let them in the house.

troubled one- what age are you as a matter of interest?

Although I'm not sure what it has to do with anything but I'm 26

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OliviaM

if you really want peace, why don't you consider going away for the moment? it would be the best way to get them out of your system.;)

Advertisement