Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winmau World Masters

• 27-09-2006 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Draw for the Winmau World Masters made:

http://dartswdf.com/aa_darts/results/winmau/2006/Winmau2006MS.html

A heap of Irishmen in it, including Garret Gray and Anto McCracken - who have recently qualified for the World Grand Prix in Citywest.

I'm not 100% on the rules. As far as I know once you play in a PDC event with the word "World" in it, you are then barred from taking part in BDO events with "World" in it (not sure for how long, maybe just that year). But I'm not sure. Perhaps they're okay because the Winmau comes first and Citywest is not until two weeks later. ???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm not 100% on the rules. As far as I know once you play in a PDC event with the word "World" in it, you are then barred from taking part in BDO events with "World" in it (not sure for how long, maybe just that year). But I'm not sure. Perhaps they're okay because the Winmau comes first and Citywest is not until two weeks later. ???

As far as I know that is the case and its ok since the Grand Prix is on after the winmau masters. The only thing is the WDT was world in the title and allows PDC players to play in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I enjoyed the coverage of the Winmau World Masters on BBC over the weekend, culminating in 17 year old Michael van Gerwen coming back from 5-2 down to win 7-5 and deny 50 year old Martin Adams a first major title.

Van Gerwen is quite the star in the making. Presumably will only get better. He's definitely beatable, but he's hard to beat, never lies down. Youngest ever winner of a major title.

Van Gerwen beat a 23 year old Welsh left hander called Mark Webster in the semis. He's another I'd say we'll see a lot more of over the next few years. Very similar to James Wade.

Advertisement