Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SkyDsl Sat BB - Install Nightmare - Help!

• 27-09-2006 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I've spent the evening's after work for the last four weeks trying to get this damn thing to work. I've also had a local Sat TV guy out, to try and pick up the Atlantic Bird 2 or the Eurobird. All I seem to be able to pick up is Astra. I've got great Sat TV on my PC but no BB.

I actually sat down and cried last night, after 4 hours of tweaking. I'm not a techie, which probably doesn't help.

Anybody in the Macroom area in Cork who could help out/drop out? Dish is currently pointing in the general direction of the sky dish and picking up Astra.

Failing any outcome from this post, think I'll go ack to Skydsl and insist that they cancel the 6 mth contract I've signed up for. Haven't found them v helpful at all.

Thanks!

PS Sat TV guy said that the LNB which SKYdsl provided was damaged, so he replaced it with one from his van. Could this be the source of the problem?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you probably need 2 dishes (or one BIG dish) to pick up astra + one of the other sats. It may be too much to try to pick them all up off a smallish sky dish. Ask in the sat forum here about a quality installer in west cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

A little off topic but do sky offer this nationwide at the moment? Pricewise it seems good and if you get your tv with them then even better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PunchI

Hi spongebob,

thanks for the reply. Just on the dish......I've got 2 dishes up, one for sky tv, the second is the 80cm dish provided by skydsl as part of the install pack they sent me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sky do not offer any broadband here and will not (unless they buy smart or something like that )

if sky offer broadband it will not use the dish . Ask in the sat forum about someone who is clued in on sats and not just a sky installer like most of them.

your card works and you have 2 x lnbs so now you need a clued in installer who does not have to drill and bang :D

thx

will try the sat forum for an installer.

As you say, lnb/card are working, so it may only be something small......hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

PunchI wrote:
    thx

will try the sat forum for an installer.

As you say, lnb/card are working, so it may only be something small......hopefully!

Hi Punch, I know an installer whom lives in Macroom, I wll pm you his details later.....and dont be crying, its all good fun!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Skydsl is nothing to do with sky and comes from 8W, i.e. 36 degrees west of Sky dish direction approx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

Forget skydsl, go to www.ahcnetworks.com they now cover macroom and they have wireless broadband, I have been using them since last October and have had no problems, spent the previous three months trying to get SKYDSL and couldn't, I got so used to aligning the dish that I could find satellites without a sat finder !!! :)

Hi Techi

I've already had AHC networks out. They have no service available for my area (Toames), and not current plans to expand in that direction.

I've had that many companies out, that really, my only hope of getting bb is by satellite, and as you know yourself...even that is beginning to look a bit bleak.

thanks anyway
    Ian

Advertisement