Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrofitting Cavity Vents

Options
  • 27-09-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a requirement to retrofit some cavity vents to a timber frame house.
    does anyone know where to buy 25mm circular vent covers, of the push in kind. I've only seen larger ones like they use in soffits.
    The story is below if anyone wants to read on...
    Thanks
    Karl

The plasterer plastered over them and the main builder only re-installed 1/2 of them as I found out when the inspector for the rural renewal came out, the builder is paid so no chance of getting him back!
    The TF company says they should be every 600mm (although the block work is std 4" solids, I'm assuming he meant 800mm or 1600, i.e. every two or 4 blocks)
    He also suggested just drilling a hole for ventilation rather that doing what the builder did which was to drill a row of vertical holes, clean them out to a slot and install the normal vents, hence the requirement for the plastic covers.

Comments

Advertisement