Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late again!

• 27-09-2006 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Don't you just hate when you've an important class at 9 in the morning and you wake up at 7 to get up in time, but you go back to sleep for 5 mins and wake up an hour later realising it's too late to make it in on time now? It makes you feel so guilty. I should really head in now. :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

when i get to that point i just give up :D

though this year everything's spread so thin through the year, i'll probably resign to doing more work at home (since i rarely get anything useful done in the labs anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

this morning i got the bus at 7.45. It's usually a 30 min journey and im in for 8.20-8.30 most mornings as i like to relax and go on the computer and stuff before my first class.

This morning the traffic was a sham. Stuck in Terenure for half an hour. I jumped off the bus at Portobello and just legged it up to Aungier St. Still made it in for ten past, few mins before my lecturer arrived :D

Still, I nearly puked after running so damn hard, it nearly killed me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ha I've been doing that for the last week and a half. Still haven't made it to any classes yet.

Ooops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

FFS! It happened again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't worry you didn't miss much tbh.

these six hour breaks on a thursday are killing me, in at nine for two classes then next class is at four. eugh...

try getting up at 06:30 whilst it is still dark that's a killer you end up saying ahh sure it's only like 4 in the morning i can take an extra couple of minutes.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:

these six hour breaks on a thursday are killing me, in at nine for two classes then next class is at four. eugh...

I've only operating systems on a Thursday so in at 9 for one and wait around till 4 for another.. BORING

orla wrote:
    I've only operating systems on a Thursday so in at 9 for one and wait around till 4 for another.. BORING
    pretty much the same as meself,

09:00 - 10:00 Operating Systems.
    10:00 - 11:00 ERM & SQL.
    16:00 - 17:00 Operating Systems.

got to get it changed cause i can't see myself waiting around for that second O/S class, there were only about 10 in today out of like 40 :D

Why would you bother going to both of the operating system classes? From what I saw last week it seemed like a load of arse! Hopefully I might make maths tomorrow morning since it's a 10am start. \o/

ahh Fred's a legend that's the only reason i go to his classes, he's the closest thing we'll get to having Art this year so i tend to saviour it... :p

Cremo wrote:
    pretty much the same as meself,

Well I am in your year now...
    Binomate wrote:
    Why would you bother going to both of the operating system classes?

Since it's only for one term this year i'd say he's going to cover alot in both classes.

• Advertisement

orla wrote:
    Since it's only for one term this year i'd say he's going to cover alot in both classes.
    Damn, that's pretty smart. I guess I'd better start going to more classes.

computer science e-convention here or what... jesus. nerds.

Says the computer scientist.

Binomate wrote:
    Says the computer scientist.

i left that open to receive some comedy gold!
    :D

speaking of cs, what's the maths in 2nd year like now, since it's semesterised, and i'm doing it in 3rd year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i should really try and turn up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Turn up for classes in second and third year? Now why would anyone want to go and do that???

Dunners wrote:
    Turn up for classes in second and third year? Now why would anyone want to go and do that???

To get to 4th year duh! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

orla wrote:
    To get to 4th year duh! haha

Don't be so disrespectful to the ancient art/tradition of cramming just before exams after attending few to no classes all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

LOTP wrote:
    Don't be so disrespectful to the ancient art/tradition of cramming just before exams after attending few to no classes all year.

Well said, I went to about 7 classes in third year and did a hell of alot of slacking. Now I sit upon my fourth year throne having had no repeats. I am working this year though - honestly - had my first full day of lectures in a year and a half today, can I have a medal? :)

LOTP wrote:

Maybe its just because i suck at this "art"! lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement