Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on advertising/targeting

Options
  • 27-09-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

hello world

im doing an advertising campaign (project) and am looking for info on how companies such as microsoft, sony, coca cola and mcdonalds use subliminal marketing to target their customers (teenagers, young adults)

anyone know of any websites that might be able to help me.
    i know the obvious stuff but im looking for deeper info help me structure and aim my campaign right.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gary.b

Interesting topic.

The key phrase to look for is association, associating previous "feel good" experiences with a product or service.

All that stuff with with the 25-th frame is mostly bull. But some of it is interesting enough (it has only been proven to 'remind' people of wanting to take a drink or smoke or something)

Homour is a no brainer, just like sexy busty ladies. There's a load of stuff on colour theory and emotions evoked in different personality types.

What else... Repetition? Repetition is a good way to embed your ideas into the public, just like associating your product with pleasant experiences that people may have had in the past.

There was another big one but it's gone out of my head...
    Oh, "Casual" attitudes are often appealing, but it depends on what you're selling and to whom - it depends on what kinds of personalities you want to attract - your "target market"; good colour choise is helpful here.

Advertisement