Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc in IT through Oscail

Options
  • 27-09-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Ive just signed up for the BSc in IT through Oscail and am wondering if anyone knows where I could get some of the books second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI, they are usually touted at the start of the year through the dcu email, by students who passed the exams.

You havent yet got the confirmed list of books needed for this current yet.

PS I have a good few books ...the reccomended c1 c2 and ms1's for sale

X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

HI, they are usually touted at the start of the year through the dcu email, by students who passed the exams.

You havent yet got the confirmed list of books needed for this current yet.

PS I have a good few books ...the reccomended c1 c2 and ms1's for sale

X

Hi X,
    They sent out a letter with the books for 2006/2007 so Im assuming thats us?
    Im sitting CTA, CB and MSA this year. I dont think we've been set up on the DCU email yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TinfoilPyjamas

Ther version 2 of the study guides will have the final approved booklists. Anyone else doing 3 subjects? Wondering if 3 is too much while full time working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Guy in work with me, (single) couldnt handle 3 subjects. Especially all 3 exams on the same weekend.

Just felt he was too stretched, y'know.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TinfoilPyjamas

Guy in work with me, (single) couldnt handle 3 subjects. Especially all 3 exams on the same weekend.

Just felt he was too stretched, y'know.

X

Hmmmmm i dunno, 3 years just seems a drag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 comatose

i took 3 modules last year, CB / MSB and HSA. it was pretty intense, especially MSB and HSA together as there's a lot of reading. I started a new job recently which involves a fair bit of travelling so i'm only taking two modules this year. that leaves me with just one to do next year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Hmmmmm i dunno, 3 years just seems a drag.

3 years will pass at the same speed as 3 years passes. It is up to you to decidd what you want to be in 3 years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Just want to thank boards and this thread in particular. On Thursday last week I received the, at the time, knock down punch that my application for a degree in Counselling had failed, largely on the basis of a lack of psychology background. At this late stage of the year I doubted whether I could find any course of real value..plenty of hobby courses...and 'cowboy courses' but nothing that I really wanted. But on Sunday I saw the name Oscail on this thread....had previously never heard of Oscail...I looked up their website...and saw that a distance degree in psychology was possible with them. The deadline for applications had closed but they agreed to accept me anyway. I am now doing just one module in psychology for starters...one shouldn't stretch me...so I'm developing my psychology background this year, and I may go further. That's due to this strand of boards! Thank you Boards! Alan

Advertisement