Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafe

Options
  • 27-09-2006 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi I have been asked to setup up two pcs for an internet cafe. It's in a local video shop so not a lot of major business be generated in it! Anyhow I'm wondering what is the best way to go about setting this up? Is there any software I should use to control time etc? I know I'l need the usual anti virus etc. Both machines are new dell pcs with xp sp2 on them and will be using eircom broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Hi I have been asked to setup up two pcs for an internet cafe. It's in a local video shop so not a lot of major business be generated in it! Anyhow I'm wondering what is the best way to go about setting this up? Is there any software I should use to control time etc? I know I'l need the usual anti virus etc. Both machines are new dell pcs with xp sp2 on them and will be using eircom broadband.

There are many packages available for internet cafes.

Will you be billing the people, e.g. €x per hour, if so will they pay in advance or after?

Will you be charging for printing per page?

Do you want to wipe browser history after each user (normally a good idea)

i was involve in a community internet centre some years ago, we found a software package that allowed us to bill, control and wipe pcs, can't remember the name but will try and find out, however I suspect google will throw up lots of options, most of which will give you a free trial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya probably €1 an hour and pay after they finish
    No mention for printing at all.
    Would like to wipe browser history after each user.

would I need a seperate pc to controll all this billing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Figure out what billing software youll be using (most will require a pc to themselves but a borderline brick will do).

a possibility being http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybera/

then use http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sharedaccess/default.mspx

both of these are suggestions there are many ways to do this depending on your needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

Was at an internet cafe in a pub/guesthouse the other day, 3 pc's, the bar man just took note of when you start and finished and worked out the charge!!

Advertisement