Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back Vagabonds !!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Other than that Slovak pub with the very sexy bar girl ...Salthill is a ghost town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Other than that Slovak pub with the very sexy bar girl ...Salthill is a ghost town.
    Yeah, I think the locals pretty much put their foot down and said "no more fackin nightclubs!". I suppose its easy to see where they are coming from. You won't get a license for a club in Salthill anymore, someone tried it in Liquid lately, which is why the place is still freshly painted and boarded up. The Warwick caters to a more mature crowd, they don't even open for student nights (Thursdays) as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Mind you if anyone is sick of the boring nightclub scene ..De Burgos is pretty cool on a Saturday night...
    It's dark , tunes are good and it's much cheaper for entry and beer than any of those fancy pants Halo places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Mind you if anyone is sick of the boring nightclub scene ..De Burgos is pretty cool on a Saturday night...
    It's dark , tunes are good and it's much cheaper for entry and beer than any of those fancy pants Halo places

A bit too claustrophobic though, bit like downstairs vagabonds , the feckin sweat would be falling from the ceiling.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would also add upstairs in An Púcan to the list for the same reasons as above. Of course it helps if you're partial to a bit of drum n' bass. Or so drunk that you're past caring what music is being played :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I remember the massive bouncers used to have "Please dont fight" written on their t-shirts :p

And i vaguely remember a sign on the wall saying "Please dont take drugs"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

i remember goin in one night when the crusties hired it out for a dance night upstairs, the bouncers asked me had i any drugs on me. and then the other lad said laughing" cause we want some of them."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

padi89 wrote:
    The only places that i tried in town those days were Kno Knos and The Bentley.....the later leaving alot to be desired , twas the CPs of its day.

KnoKnos brings back memories; I was a barman there for 18 months (which included the days when the name was changed to The Tower). We used to have great craic in it, watching both the ladies and the gents taking off the wedding rings as they came in! :eek:

For the younger ones here, KnoKnos was the club in the back of the Lions Tower on Eglington Street, where the GPO now stands.

Does anyone remember the name of the back bar in KnoKnos? :rolleyes:

Advertisement