Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIT Blocks "Novel - Send Message"

• 27-09-2006 11:29am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Christ WIT are becoming a right pain, banning things left right and centre.

Has anyone ever used the "Novel - Send Message" where you locate a friends student number and can send messages to and fro? Only noticed it late last year, but it seems to be "banned" now from the college.

What next? >/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Just noticed that feature now, still seems to be working for me and I know that they use it to send notices to users as I once got a message from the admin staff telling me that the mail servers are back up after a maintaince issue.

Still, Snet members can chat to each other with hey, and setting up a jabber IM server is trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Just noticed that feature now, still seems to be working for me and I know that they use it to send notices to users as I once got a message from the admin staff telling me that the mail servers are back up after a maintaince issue.

Still, Snet members can chat to each other with hey, and setting up a jabber IM server is trivial.
    Novell send message was banned way back in 01/02 when I was there. Surprising that it's worked at all since then.

I remember using hey on that server too a few years ago, snet still running the same OS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Yep, Debian GNU/Linux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Jaeger wrote:
    Novell send message was banned way back in 01/02 when I was there. Surprising that it's worked at all since then.

They banned VAX mail for 1st year computing students in 90/91. These things generally go in cycles - and of course the 1st years (of which I was one at the time) got blamed for email abuse - the issue afair was really a system resource issue.

D.

Advertisement