Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House with BT

• 27-09-2006 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I've been a BT customer for 6 months, and like mostly everyone else here I'm happy enough with their product and their prices and very wary of anything to do with their customer/tech support and billing...(see the other post knocking about today)

I had to do the usual dance to get hooked up with them in the first place - ie. get an account number and a phone number from eircom, then move it all over to BT, wait six weeks to get it all going and spend another 2 months grappling with their customer service trying to get the product I actually ordered at the price I ordered it for.

Now I've just got the keys to my new house in Lucan, Dublin (it's about 18months old) which has a phone line with a dial tone . I've just been on to BT and they say that all I need to do is fill out some form or other that they are sending to me, wait up to 30 days and then everything will be sorted without me having to contact eircom.

Sounds to good to be true. Is it? Anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure you know the old number , dial 199000 in your new house to find out what that was.

Give the old number and your current account number and BT should be able to process an order starting now with both those details because the old number should show a pass on the line test database .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Crazy2262

I blame Eircom, if its raining outside like it is now. I blame Eircom.

like yourself I too had fun getting them to enable my broadband. Had to ring them about 40 times was only when I said I was going to ring Eircom to cancel the line completly(because they can't enable broadband on nothing) and 3 days later and after nearly 2 months I had Broadband.

Now I work for an UK ISP and there callcenter is in the southeast and we can get a line enabled for Broadband in 7 days. House moves are the exact same, about 7 days. Its only here in Ireland that the entire process is a joke.

Will say this for BT, Great service, never had 1 day of trouble with it after they installed it, however if you have to ring them for anything, you might as well be talking to a stranger on the street becaue he will probably know more about it than they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Is this rigmaroll only if you are not an Eircom customer in the first place? I have Eircom broadband which took 10 days from order to installation and working. I am thinking of going with one of the BT products(phone + BB) when the 6 months contract with Eircom is up, however if I have to go through what BT put you guys through I would'nt bother.

Advertisement