Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Aolynk connection issues...

• 27-09-2006 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,

A previous tenant in my house had a Smart Broadband account. When I moved in this connection was working fine. Since then this account has been ended and I have setup a new account in my name. The line has been reactivated and I've been given my new number & password. All good so far...

However when I try to setup the router (Aolynk router as provided by Smart) I'm having some problems... I've followed the setup instructions that come with the router but it's still not working.

After going through the Quick Start > PPoE Login > Phone No & password > Save Config, I click on Status.

DSL - Connected
    USB-Ethernet - Not connected...?

I thought it might be a settings issue with my PC but I got the same results when I tried with a friend's laptop. Any thoughts...?

One more thing - I'm still using the old router (from the previous tenant) as the new one hasn't been delivered yet. I presume this should not make a difference...?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try the Smart BB support forum on the Smart website

Advertisement