Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Student Gumball

Options
  • 27-09-2006 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Did anyone go on the student gumball this year.what was it like and also when is it happening again.
    also what dif it cost in total and was it worth while
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I had a spot but couldn't go cos I needed 2 students and 1 of them had to drop out. shame.... I wanted to go. Cooperman went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

steve06 wrote:
    I had a spot but couldn't go cos I needed 2 students and 1 of them had to drop out. shame.... I wanted to go. Cooperman went.
    You should have told me and i would have went:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

:confused: what is it? tell me more sounds interesting??:confused:

cheers
    <>DM<>

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

i hear you have to get a special exemption to get a car above a 2 litre in and make sure its not out of spirit of the rally . which is bollocks , do handy if you have a new 2.0 evo.

any how hard is it to get an exemption and can you only have 2 people if your car only holds 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

2 Students from LIT(Limertick not Letterkenny) won it

• Advertisement

ye, no cars above 2ltr allowed

steve06 wrote:
    ye, no cars above 2ltr allowed
    its fine just get a new gti and then remap it and you will be WAY faster than anyone else there.:D

I was gonna take the Celica.

steve06 wrote:
    I was gonna take the Celica.
    yeah.but if i ever get a gti i would get it to 272 bhp, my mate has one like that and it has AMAZING pick up in a small car.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

does the Mitusbishi Evo 2.0 not have 320 or 326 bhp ( Mitusbishi Evo IX FQ-320 ) Actually thats a good question which car would be the fastest plus require the least fuel stops cause thats were you loose the time.

is this the same " its rally not a race" so how the lit crowd win it for speed or for spirit . I could always be the unoffical winner like team 144 in gumball.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    yeah.but if i ever get a gti i would get it to 272 bhp, my mate has one like that and it has AMAZING pick up in a small car.
    wouldn't see the point, insurance companies would screw you.

steve06 wrote:
    wouldn't see the point, insurance companies would screw you.
    :cool: ,They wonot know and will never find out.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

drdre wrote:
    :cool: ,They wonot know and will never find out.:p
    :rolleyes:

skibum wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

They not ban you off the road yet drdre?

Big Nelly wrote:
    nah but id say they will soon:mad:, why would you think that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

drdre wrote:
    nah but id say they will soon:mad:, why would you think that?

Oh I don't know.............doing donuts in carparks maybe? ;)

L5 wrote:

Well I was going to say being a tool on the road but I think your reply is more PR

L5 wrote:
    that was a long time ago.i have made my mistake and left it behind now.and i used to speed and have reduced that also.everyone makes a mistake in life and this was mine:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

drdre wrote:
    that was a long time ago.i have made my mistake and left it behind now.and i used to speed and have reduced that also.everyone makes a mistake in life and this was mine:rolleyes:

yet you're talking about buying a golf gti, chipping it to 272bhp and saying the insurers will never know about it ?
    You've clearly learned your lesson ;)

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:
    yet you're talking about buying a golf gti, chipping it to 272bhp and saying the insurers will never know about it ?
    You've clearly learned your lesson ;)
    nah i said id love to get a gti like that as my friend has one chipped and it has good performance.but i wonot be getting one as donot have the money.

if you chip a car, you'll get about 15/20 bhp more out of it, not 72!

steve06 wrote:
    if you chip a car, you'll get about 15/20 bhp more out of it, not 72!
    No, a gti can gain 40bhp from remap and then 30 for a straight through exhaust system.his is proven 272bhp.

drdre wrote:
    No, a gti can gain 40bhp from remap and then 30 for a straight through exhaust system.his is proven 272bhp.

So was the guys car who said his chipped 1.9Tdi Golf was up to 130Bhp, I took off in my 130Bhp Passat and left him sitting in my dust!!!:p

Big Nelly wrote:
    So was the guys car who said his chipped 1.9Tdi Golf was up to 130Bhp, I took off in my 130Bhp Passat and left him sitting in my dust!!!:p
    which guy?this guy with the gti knows his stuff.he knows his cars and he is a regular at mondello park as he has a fasination oif cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Big Nelly wrote:
    Good luck on Oct 5 drdre, don't forget to let us know how you get on. Better get that suit dry cleaned :D

skibum wrote:
    Good luck on Oct 5 drdre, don't forget to let us know how you get on. Better get that suit dry cleaned :D
    yeah, i will let you know.nah i donot need a suit.;)

now can we leave this topic and get back to the original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

anyone else have anymore info on this? thinking of doing it 2007! :D

So when is the next student gumball? Is there any other car event like this.I would like to participate in it.
    Hope to hear from someone :)

• Advertisement

Anyone have any news on the next event?

Advertisement