Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down, but not out, not by a long shot.

Options
  • 27-09-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Leicester City (cup) - Lost
    Liverpool - Lost
    Aston Villa - Draw
    Fulham - Lost
    Charlton - Win
    Sunderland - Draw
    Wigan - Draw

This how the months of January and February looked for Spurs last season. 1 win, 3 losses (1 cup), 2 draws, and 1 win, 5 points from 6 league games. This was Spurs worst run, yet it did not effect our league standing from 4th. The fact is the come this time this season, Berbatov, Lennon, and Mandelbraque will all be back from injury, and if we can convert that run of 6 games into somewhere around the 12 - 14 mark, it will hopefully overturn the deficit that's accrued over the start of this season.

The start of this season, we've grabbed 4 from 6, though have already played Man Utd and Liverpool.

With this in mind, a top 4 position is still conceivable, provided we can turn the results around.

It's a tough line-up, with 4 away games, and one game against Man Utd.

Portsmouth v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Newcastle
    Fulham v Tottenham
    Everton v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Man Utd
    Sheff Utd] v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Bolton

It's early days yet to be discussing this, but given the circumstances, I think it's best to put things in perspective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I would like to share your optimisum, but I just can't see us getting anywhere near top 4 after the diabolical start to the season. We can't even score a goal, never mind win a match.

Worried we could be embarresed against Pompy too. It's not a good time to be a Spurs supporter.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, guess the glass is half empty at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I would like to share your optimisum, but I just can't see us getting anywhere near top 4 after the diabolical start to the season. We can't even score a goal, never mind win a match.

Worried we could be embarresed against Pompy too. It's not a good time to be a Spurs supporter.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, guess the glass is half empty at the moment.
    I'm pretty sure we'll get a good win against Pompey tomorrow and it's Aston Villa next (away) week isn't it. well they've gotta lose sometime...;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Mido for a brace, and Defoe to get off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Altheus wrote:
    Mido for a brace, and Defoe to get off the mark!

ha ha, that would be nice, especially if he skins Campbell for the goals..:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement