Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have to pick company commercial... questions.

Options
  • 27-09-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I have a choice of company car now. Any of the commercial jeeps is available to me. L200, D-max, hilux etc.
    I currently have an 02 l200.
    I think the hilux looks real nice in twin cab mode, however the new L200 is supposed to be a big improvement over the old one.
    Anyhow, when pricing them, what exactly does this mean...

"With prices from EUR37,950 excluding dealer delivery and related charges,"

Help me pick a Jeep, and help me price it "on the road".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

AFAIK, any of the crew-cab jeeps are subject to BIK. Depending on how much you need the back seats this may make them an uneconomical choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Cheers, info logged. That leaves a lwb landcruiser, or a Lwb Pajero Sport.

Any idea about the pricing structure, .??

The Landcruiser is probably the best of those two. I'd go for the VW Touareg for looks, interior and drive - but I'm biased!
    Basically, you'd have to go to the dealers. The ex-works (dealer delivery charges, etc.) are usually about 600-700 euro. If you're paying cash or getting your finance elsewhere you should be able to get 2-3 grand off the price of the jeep, depending on availability. By playing dealers off each other you can maximise the discount.

Think Ill add the Touareg and the land rover Discovery to the list!! Cheers.

If work are paying for it and they've said that *any* commercial vehicle will do, Belgard motors have told me they'll do a commercial Cayenne!
    Supposedly, they'll get a load of flack from Porsche for doing it and I don't know how happy Customs or the VAT man would be about it but it could be yours for about €50,000-€60,000 of your boss's money! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Slightly OT, but when I was working as an employee, I always resisted going down the company car route and just claimed for milage.

When you factor in the BIK, it always makes more economic sense to get your own bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I have a 04 landcruiser LWB Commercial.

It's miles ahead of the Pajero - handles well, is quick enough for a diesel and isnt brutal on fuel!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Landcruiser is about the best commerical 4x4 in out there available in this class at the moment. The 3.0 D4-D has plenty of torque too.

The Pajero is looking old now and to be honest it has been a bit off the pase now for a couple of years. Also note that there is an all new Pajero on sale early next year. I would wait and see that one.

The VW Toureg is now available as a commerical but ain't cheap and probably a bit bigger. It is a heavy vehicle and I'm not sure how the 3.0 TDi performs.

Then you have the Land Rover Discovery 3 Commercial which is fairly big again and not cheap. The TDi6 is the one to go for.

Another one to check out if you have a certain budget is the new Nissan Pathfinder Commercial. I think Nissan are running special offers on them at the moment and they seem well equipped for a commercial 4x4 and seem reasonably priced.

If money is no object then Volvo also do the XC90 in commerical too afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What bazz said:

Does the OP have a budget, there's a hell of a lot of difference between a Land Cruiser and a Pajero Sport price wise

Hyundai Santa Fe Commercial on the way btw.

• Advertisement

So a crew cab is vrt'able, yes? And is liable to BIK, yes?
    They just said get a commercial similar to my current l200. But the status seems to have changed for crew cabs, so I reckon im in for a Landcruiser/Pajero/Touareg. Think the Disco is out of reach price wise.
    @Leo, it has to be new.

also I have searched for new commercial ON THE ROAD price lists yet cant find any so I can do a direct cost comparison.... help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi,

Crew Cabs became BIK liable at the begining of 2003 I think, anyone who had one prior to that is still on the lower rate, but if you get a new one you should get hit for car BIK.

Landcruiser Commercial is probably the best on the market - haven't driven one myself but have supplied loads and had nothing but good feedback. LandRover Discovery is a fantastic vehicle, but the load space is fairly small in comparison to the Landcruiser.

A couple of guys I used to work with went for the Pathfinder commercial last year. Top spec Auto with Leather and the IT pack (Sat Nav & Bluetooth). Heard that the gearbox isn't great on those though.

I have a Pajero Sport Commercial and love it. Too slow at the top end to pick up motorway speeding tickets, but quick enough around most road if you know what you are doing. Great fun in the wet for tail slides as well. Thirsty but the company fuel card sorts that out.

The on the road price is the ex-works price quoted plus delivery and any extras.

Toyota charge €420 for delivery
    Nissan €500
    Mitsubishi - not sure
    VW - €700
    Chrysler/Jeep - €625

Stuck the last one in as I've heard great things about the new Grand Cherokee Commercial. €40k or thereabouts on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

Any trade in? I've a few contacts so when you've made the decision, giz a shout? ;)

Will do Leo, no Im buying straight new. The 02 l200 is staying with the old company.

Advertisement