Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office information systems?????????

Options
  • 27-09-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Is it possible to get teaching out of this course and what subjects would i be teaching????? i never get a straight answer from anyone i ask:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I doubt it.
    It appears "office information systems" is a MUCH less hardcore information technology
    course which contains very little if not any "tech" subjects.
    if you want "proper" computing jobs, you should get a IT or CS degree as these courses have programming and microprocessor elements for example.
    These courses only teach you how to use office applications in most cases.
    To answer your question more specifically, these courses lead to office administration jobs and the only "teaching" ability you might gain, is to teach wordprocessors and spreadsheets.
    You could not teach in a school for example.
    Get a cert in a teaching related field and work your way up to get a proper qualification for teaching.

Advertisement