Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-mastered 20th anniversary DVD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

hubba hubba

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

24Euros on play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

aye, this was due for release last year but something fell through, so hopefully this time around it'll all work out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm glad I've held off buying the movie on DVD now.

Still have my lovely VHS copy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'm glad I've held off buying the movie on DVD now.

Still have my lovely VHS copy though.

ah i have a VHS copy indeed (and a few VHS copies of g1 series episodes) as well as a UMD (for PSP) copy, which was going cheap at launch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

So what's the difference between this and the re-constructed edition, will this one actually fill the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The DVD will have remastered full-screen and widescreen editions of the film, which includes Orson Welles' final performance. Extras include commentary, deleted footage and interviews. And there's a viewing mode in which Transformer pop culture references pop up throughout.

Here's an image comparison of the original and the remastered version :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsC8E6yjmgY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Rumours abound of the Euro version having Zone and scramble city on it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

That video just demonstrates the difference between the first dvd release and the re-constructed movie. The implication here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dU2TiL7Vgs&mode=related&search=
    is never-before-released 16x9 version. I'm still looking forward to this but I'll wait until I know they haven't just bunged the two already available versions together into a special 20th anniversary box. Third time's a charm though,right?

just pre-ordered this from Amazon.com for €18.40...can't wait...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i just downloaded the original, wasnt fussed on it at all. and i used to love it as a kid. Whats happened to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I already have the Metrodome version of the movie but i may invest in this because of the awesome transforming cover!

Hmmm I thought sofaking said near the top of the thread that it was €24 on play.com...oh well its only €2 lost. Just checked and I think playusa.com only accept credit card payments. Amazon took a bank draft from me which was the only way I could pay.
    anti wrote:
    i just downloaded the original, wasnt fussed on it at all. and i used to love it as a kid. Whats happened to me ?

The start of it is great with the attack on Autobot City, Prime/Megatron fight etc but then it settles into tedium tbh....

Amazon.com emailed me to say it shipped on Sat 3rd Nov....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I can't say unfortunately.....buy why wait for the R2 version? Is there some things on it not on the R1?

Got this in the mail last Monday...I ordered two...one from Play.com and one from Amazon.com. Just to let you know that the Play.com does not ship with the "transforming" lenticular cover.

All in all its a good release with a particularly good fan commentary. The rest of the special features are fairly average in my opinion.

Kaiser2000 wrote:

I 've seen it mentioned on other boards that this is not the Sony SE version but another release from Metrodome as they hold the R2 rights....

I was a bit disappointed in Scramble City. It looked like an interesting episode and I'd much rather have had some subtitles thrown onto it than two fans who don't seem to like each other waffling on about it.

Advertisement