Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Turnoffs...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Really boney skinny fingers on a man make me gag - think its a phobia

i always go dutch but i hate really mean stingy guys

arrogance - confidence is nice - arrogance is sickening

guys with no sense of humour

dont base much on looks but i personally would find long hair on a guy off putting

poor hygiene 'down below' in particular :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

short skirts....
    i ****in hate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

free2fly wrote:
    if it was a young'n I suppose I could force myself to give him a few lessons :D

Woo-hoo!! Where and when should we meet?? :D

On-topic: Another thing I dislike is girls who see themselves as "kooky". I've never met one that actually did have a funny sense of humour.

Or even just in general girls who don't show you the same level of respect that you do for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 power

spitters
    rude,unmannerly or aggressive blokes
    men in just thier socks...
    blokes with highlights
    bad breath
    irish blokes with their tops off in summer.skinny,white torso,red fore arms and generally ming bags
    walking around swigging out of a can in public (see above)
    carpet backs or shoulders
    slobbery kissers,biters and tongue thrusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Smokers would be my main turnoff... I still go for them though:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Endasaurus wrote:
    And when you text them and you need a translator for all the jumbled text speak that comes back! A small level of this is practical but I hate it when its hard to make out a word!
    the worst example i've seen of this was froma friend of my gf. i honestly believe he just picks random letters and sends them. its not even txt spk. for example, he writes "kndv" instead of "kind of". at least we think he meant kind of

the most off-putting things for me are:

girls who are a bit tubby and could look well if they dressed properly but wear clothes that make it obvious, eg jeans too small causing overhang, belly tops etc.

the oompa loompa effect

bitches

skangers

this girl i saw a few weeks ago who was very overweight. she was wearing a white tracksuit and if that wasn't bad enough she was wearing black underwear clearly visible through the tracksuit that was tight on her. her bum was so big that it looked like she had a nappy down there covering each cheek and it jiggled while she walked. i felt sick when i looked at her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

it looked like she had a nappy down there covering each cheek and it jiggled while she walked

Rofl, wonderfully retold :D

Chewing gum with your mouth open is another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

Turn offs

Guys who wear soccer/GAA jerseys on a night out
    Guys who can't have a conversation outside of sport
    Guys who drive really small crap cars-have they no shame
    Unibrows which aren't trimmed back
    Smoking
    Guys doused in too much cheap aftershave
    short guys
    if you're in a round and order e.g. a vodka and orange and the guy brings you back a vodka with that manky cheap dash of orange despite the fact you've bought his girlfriend a vodka+(proper bottle) of Coke - cheap!
    Guys who fart in public
    Guys who tell really crude jokes
    Guys who use the f word as their one and only adjective and incorporate it into every sentence
    Guys who are dismissive of you and your opinion because you're female
    Guys who talk to your chest
    Tattoos
    Highlighted hair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

her bum was so big that it looked like she had a nappy down there covering each cheek and it jiggled while she walked. i felt sick when i looked at her

Hungry bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Women who are common.
    Women who wear those stupid eskimo boots you see a lot.
    Women who smoke.
    Women who obsess about their weight, esp the ones who worry about eating that chocolate bar until the they've taken all joy out of it ... but then eat it anyway.
    Women who are still girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

TURN-OFFs
    Girls that can't pronounce the letter "t", e.g that say "roish" when they mean "right", Sashurday when they mean Saturday or "warsher" when the mean "water" and that say "like" alot. "Roish like, I was in town on Sashurday, like" by far the least attractive way of speaking on the planet.

Girls that are in college but don't work because Daddy pays for them, unless you have somekind of sever physical and mental disability there is absalutley no excuse for this.

Girls that drink pints of lager.

Girls that are really insecure, i.e they get in a big huff if they see you looking at or talking to an attractive girl, listen thats what men do, from when were like 10 years old, get fukking over it.

Girls with body hair, a small bit of well groomed pubic hair is ok, but anything else is just not on.

Fat chicks.

Feminists.

Girls that call other girls sluts because they are jealous of the fact that they are better looking than them.

Girls that pluck their eybrows to the point that they look like they were drawn on with a pencil or girls with bushy eye brows.

Gold diggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

:/ I find both of those things definate turn ons!

Totally agree with this, could never go with a stoner, would bore me to tears.

I hate...
    >Guys who have very short or shaved heads
    >Guys with big muscles
    >Guys with hairy chests
    >Guys with long hair
    >Guys with ear peircings
    >Guys with trousers that are too short or for them or just generally badly fitting clothes, I always date guys who dress better than I do!

Alright, so Ive very short hair, am fairly skinny (though my chest is alright) have a moderately hairy stomach and severely hairy legs, but am terrified of needles. However, Im constantly complemented on the clothes Im wearing (not some ****in prettyboy, just like the jerseys I buy, stylish tracksuit bottoms or hoodies, decent going out shirts, Im the Beckham of Blanch I tells ya :D )

For me

Beautiful women from Louth, Limerick or Donegal (well, its not a deal clincher, but good god Ive seen some cracking looking yokes from these 3 with truly appaling accents. As said, i could ignore the accent for what truly mattered, but still)

Short hair. Quit ruining yourself!

Women who dress in any alternative/rocker type fashion

Birds who listen to that crap

Girls who are just WAAAAY to good and innocent, who wont put a foot wrong, wont do anything their parents told them not to do. I like a lady, but lady in the street freak in the bed, Ludacris put it better than I ever could :D

Fat skanger birds "aw jaysus, I really think hes the fadder ah me sisters baaaybeee, cos im fairly sure she rode him at Antos party the christmas beforehand"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dating major turnoffs for me:
    *smokers
    *heavy drinkers
    *recreational drug users
    *physically unfit (doesn't exercise and watch diet)
    *poor hygiene
    *no sense of humour and not playful
    *domineering or bully (and doesn't treat me as an equal)

As for friends, I can accept the first 4, but not the last 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

More turn offs:
    * men who are TOO sensitive - I like men to be caring but there is a bridge too far
    * pessimists - it is OK planning for all eventuallities but you have to make the most out of life
    * men who are very moody
    * mummys boys
    * men who are still boys (ie act young in a bad way), it is OK to have a fun and youthful view of life but throwing a tantrum every time you do not get your own way is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Shaved heads
    Muscles/ any body bulider
    A guy with no intrest in music
    A guy that wears gold jewerly
    Smoking
    Guys that shave/wax :eek:
    Talking about yourself all the time
    A guy that wears faketan or any other girly thing like that

I'm one of those beer drinking girls and proooud of it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

[/Quote=Kastro]short skirts....[/Quote]

most definately that.

Smokers, no sense of humour, not interesting, vain, makeup, D4 wannabees in general.
    Exit9. M50

Haha, genius. best quote iv heard all day in the context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

slipss wrote:
    Girls that pluck their eybrows to the point that they look like they were drawn on with a pencil or girls with bushy eye brows.
    some of them are completely gone and just drawn on with a pencil. mingin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Lets see, girls who:

Like chart music.
    Haven't much of a clue about music.
    Are consumeristic.
    Take things really seriously.
    Are religious.
    Follow trends/fashions.
    Are anti-drugs.
    Have high pitched voices.
    Are too enthusiastic.
    Laugh far too much.
    Have no common sense.
    Have too much common sense(ie. too conservative).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Girls with

baggy arses in their trousers

Lips outlined

White trousers with a big dark knickers lookin out

Hungry arses... jeans bet up the arse crack

Unkept kloppers..like the centre margins of the M50

Rolls of blubber under the bra(excluding the oompa loompas)

Boney arses

bandy legs

Thin thighs

Smell of curry off them

grey polyester tops with make up caked on the collar

I know I'm picky ...but......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Girls with:

little or no sense of humour

who have a lazy fag hanging out the side of their mouth thinking that it makes them look like Briget Bardot when it really makes them look like that auld one from the corner-shop, Bridie.

who are quite "stern" and school-mahmish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Girls whose make up is noticeable
    Who wear the wrong clothes for their size
    Who think their funny
    Bad teeth
    Eating miniscule bits of food at a time( like eating a roll by picking off tiny bits with their fingers It takes about an hour)
    who wear them weird fluffy boots
    who cant leave the house without looking like there going out(skirt make-up etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Reading this thread I think i'm the only one in the country who is easy? (Well Pighead is but that's it).

I'd be much better at pointing out the turn ons rather then offs.

/me awaits the shadow thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

About this farting in public lark, what exactly do you mean by that?!

Do you mean making a big deal of it and cracking one out, or is any sort of bodily explusion forbidden, regardless of how subtle.

As per topic, most of my turn-offs have already been covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

shane86 wrote:
    Beautiful women from Louth, Limerick or Donegal (well, its not a deal clincher, but good god Ive seen some cracking looking yokes from these 3 with truly appaling accents. As said, i could ignore the accent for what truly mattered, but still)

Short hair. Quit ruining yourself!

Women who dress in any alternative/rocker type fashion

Birds who listen to that crap

Girls who are just WAAAAY to good and innocent, who wont put a foot wrong, wont do anything their parents told them not to do. I like a lady, but lady in the street freak in the bed, Ludacris put it better than I ever could :D

Fat skanger birds "aw jaysus, I really think hes the fadder ah me sisters baaaybeee, cos im fairly sure she rode him at Antos party the christmas beforehand"

Well im from Belfast, have near waist length hair, sometimes dress slightly alternative, listen to lots of differnt music but mostly the rockyer stuff, fine on your last two points... but basicly I think we are incompatable :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Girls with big hoopy earrings
    Girls who wear sovereign rings
    Girls who wear tracksuits AND make-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

girls who..

laugh out loud
    look horrible in the morning
    smell like ripe jackfruit
    have sweaty underarms
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I'm really surprised at the amount of girls who don't like muscles on guys.... I would of thought they are quite desireable for them.

The biggest turn off on a girl for me is when your having a conversation with one EVERY story they have involved them throwing up on parnell street...Its ok to have a good time but its gross to hear more than 3 puking stories per conversation. Cant see any guy wanting to hear this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Lets see, girls who:

Like chart music.
    Are consumeristic.
    Are religious.
    Follow trends/fashions.
    Are anti-drugs.
    Are too enthusiastic.
    Laugh far too much.
    Have no common sense.

WTF?
    Does this girl exist

Dude,

You are making things really difficult here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

girls who know they are good looking and then intentionally decide that you have to do everything i.e buy everything, do everything in the sack whilst they just lie there,

ffs put some fúcking work in beatch, kick em to the kerb and they'll learn.

these girls also tend to have the silver spoon wedged firmly in their mouth, drink pussy drinks, and know the barmen in Kiely's by first name heheh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

TURN OFF'S:
    Flowery men/Metrosexual men (lads who wear Lemon/Pink t-shirts, diamond ear ring, have bleached / dyed (complete with 10 gallons of gel) hair styles.

Whingers

Overweight men

Overweight men who expect their woman to be a perfect size 10 and take care of themselves, when they can't do the same.

Ugly, badly dressed men who expect their woman to be a perfect size 10 and take care of themselves, when they can't do the same.

>Girls who wear celtic jerseys

Hahah, so true

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

GAA widow wrote:
    Turn offs
    Guys who drive really small crap cars-have they no shame
    Girls who fancy blokes only because they have a BMW. Talk about having no shame.

Girls who think Cork is the capital for reasons unknown.

theTinker wrote:
    I'm really surprised at the amount of girls who don't like muscles on guys.... I would of thought they are quite desireable for them.

I find a guy who spends too much time developing muscles is totally boring and self involved in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Another turnoff for me is women who CONTINOUSLY talk about their weight and how they 'wish they were thin' but at the same time they're ramming a McVities Double Chocolate divulgence muffin back their throats.
    Quoted for truth there!!

Or the girls after night on the raz, head to the local chippie, and complain how they're on a diet and order a chicken curry chips and a diet coke. Because the diet coke is helping you so much.

I think most of my turn-offs have all being stated already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

re the ball scratching:
    OK Sometimes, you get a shooting pain, maybe a hair pulled out down there or something, and regardless of where you are, human dick survival instinct kicks in and we have to grab. Other times, guys are assuming nobody is looking and just re-arranging down there. Because our genitalia is external, it gets itself into all sorts of crazy places and zany situations.
    Someone should really make a movie.

So so true!!

back to the topic, for me its the usual ****e:

Orange birds
    Scanger birds
    Posh birds

I could go into more detail but i'd be repeating alot of whats already been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Sp@rtacus

> Pretty (and usually though not always, rich) girls who's only social currency is their looks.
    Oh sorry, I wasnt aware that your being somewhat pleasing to the eye exempts you from needing any basic decency, wit, craic, kindness, spontaneity or general manners. :rolleyes:

"I'm really stonning you know, and I'm trying to manouver my new RAV4 that Daddy bought me out onto the, loike, Rock Road, while talking to Aisha on my mobile about the one who just gave me my pedicure, OMG she was sssuch a cow, the povver b|tch, and I know you stopped to let me out, but I definietly wont acknowledge your decency becasuse it is my birth-right, you know. I went to Alex you know"
    /end rant

Also would like to agree with much of the afore mentioned ie: tracksuits when clearly no sporting pursuit is intended on being pursued... unless running away from the security guards in Liffety Valley counts, hoopy earrings that a fcuking chimpanzee could swing on etc etc... Down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Guys who wax
    Guys who don't like playing/watching sports of any sort
    Guys who spend day in/day out smoking as much pot as possible, i.e. no drive

I'm a hairy bastid that wants to just watch football all day and i hate pot. Wanna go on a date?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

I hate...
    >Guys who have very short or shaved heads
    >Guys with long hair

What's acceptable? 1.6 inches, no more no less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Lets see, girls who:

Like chart music.
    Are consumeristic.
    Are religious.
    Follow trends/fashions.
    Are anti-drugs.
    Are too enthusiastic.
    Laugh far too much.
    Have no common sense.

Eh?
    The only majour turn-off for me is smoking (though I admit I use to smoke, but gave it up a few years back) and guys who think they're 'all that'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Guys who wax

Which do you prefer Miss Fluff?

1. Waxing
    2. Unibrow

Sometimes there is no way to win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Exit 9 off the M50?
    ROFL!!biggest turn on...Sense of humor like Jeffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

girls who..

laugh out loud

WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Want to muzzle anyone with a sense of humour then eh?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Which do you prefer Miss Fluff?

1. Waxing
    2. Unibrow

Sometimes there is no way to win...

Well I like a man to be a man and not a metrosexual.

This whole prepubescent chic favoured by a lot of otherwise masculine, sexy men is not a turn-on for me. Of course it looks great when the hedges are trimmed and people take pride in personal grooming etc but as for completely hairless men.....eeeugggh.

Nothing sexier than a hairy chest and big strong hairy forearms ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Want to muzzle anyone with a sense of humour then eh?:rolleyes:

A sense of humour and an ear-bleeding cackle are two very different things. I agree though, a good lol can be great (as long as it's not blood inducing).

Also, exit 9 off the M50, classic, ment to say that earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭fits

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    It is called a Part Time job for a reason, and you should not expect anyone to pay for your education.

jeez different strokes for different folks. With some courses it can be really difficult to have a part time job. I wouldnt condemn anyone for not having one.

Hard to think of any major turnoffs

Not really into guys with no hobbies except to watch football and drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

its not that easy for most people to have a part time job. My course was only 14 hours a week but I had a hell of a lot of study and project work to do outside of that.

Major turn off are smokers. (it must be something like kissing an ash tray - never tried either)

vain guys.

guys who think its a necissity to go out every friday/saturday night to get hammered. Going out with friends for a couple of drinks is grand but not to the extent where you come home legless every weekend

• Let me guess Mrs Doyle - you're from Dublin aren't you? Most of my mates from Dublin who live at home have that attitude. Some of us have to pay for accommodation and food and everything else which costs well over 10K a year - what part time job do you think is going to pay that much? One of my mates tried to imply I was spoiled when she found out my dad pays a SMALL percentage of my rent (what my student loan doesn't cover) but soon shut up when she realised how easy she has it compared to me. She's never paid for her own flat, food, washing powder etc , she took that all for granted and her job was for going out money. She also had her mammy making all her meals and doing the cleaning and washing up so she had more free time to work. If I relied on a part time job it wouldn't even cover the rent.

It's easy to have that attitude when your biggest expense is the registration fee but not everyone is lucky enough to live in Dublin and have the opportunity of going to college basically for free. Unless you're only talking about Dublin people whose daddies give them money? :rolleyes: That is more annoying but it's still their business. Some degrees give you very little free time to work, such as medicine.

How on earth do people manage to work and go to uni? Do they ever have time for a life? I didnt meet a single person when i was in uni in Belfast that did this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement