Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Turnoffs...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Zulu, you really have to show to a boards beers. Just to let people know you're not actually my alter ego...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

(Retaliatory post from the Smoking Alliance of Ireland)

Non-smokers turn me off big time.
    Yep. This is one smoker whose smokin ass is never being touched by a non-smoker.
    Stupid non-smokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sleepy wrote:
    • getting in a huff and not saying what's wrong

my gf does that. one of very few things about her that annoys me. i've taken to saying:

"i know there's something wrong. you can either tell me now or tell me in a few hours after a good mope. the result will be the same"

Sleepy wrote:
    Perfectly happy thanks, just fussy ;)
    If you say so ;)
    It's just one of those things. Almost every guy's dream girl always wears great lingerie. It's explained quite well in High Fidelity, actually, it's a juvenille fantasy thing for a lot of us.

That said, I have female friends who claim to always wear matching, nice underwear and have dated one or two girls who always wore nice stuff so it would seem that there are women out there who live up to this male ideal. Just not very many.
    Had I the money to buy many matching sets then I would.
    I'm sure there's an equivalent for men? Something that very few of us have/do that most women wish were the case for all of us? I'm trying to stay away from the cliched 'fat wallet' scenario here so let's say something like a willingness to admit we're always wrong, even when we're not! :P
    Well, it's nice for ye to be sweet and romantic without overdoing it or making a big issue of it :) Other than that my only issues would be with individuals rather than guys as a whole, I think.
    Oh! I know. Why do boys always spend forever in the shower! Why can't ye just shower more often for less time :( No seriously. It's always 20-30 mins. That's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Sleepy wrote:
    not wearing good/matching underwear.

Hmm....wouldn't bother me in the slightest, especially if they were to be removed in the near future! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Because I'm lazy and I pretty much agree...
    Sleepy wrote:
    • a lack of intelligence or an attempt to hide it behind a dizzy persona.
    • being completely self-centred
    • still relying on mammy and daddy for money after leaving college /don't mind as long as she isn't the daddies girl stereotype
    • fake tan or make up that's noticeable (if it's on properly, I shouldn't know it's there)
    • being from Cork /not a major turnoff but I'll leave it and include limerick, donegal and hardcore culchies.
    • having an inner-city Dublin or D4 accent
    • wearing clothes that are the wrong size/style for her figure (especially anything that gives a spare tyre around the middle
    • being seriously overweight
    • feminazis - prob should be at the top of the list
    • kissing like a washing machine /bad but tends to get better as you get used to each other.
    • self-delusion
    • being religious - up there with the feminazis(I do like that word:))
    • being sexually conservative
    • being 'common' - judge me if you like
    • being rude to anyone - a real lady is as polite to the hired help as to her guests - doesn't have to be a real lady but not excuse for being a wanker
    • whining about her weight while doing nothing or fad-dieting instead of just hitting the gym
    • relying on her friends to make her mind up for her about anything/everything - need to be independently minded
    • trying to make a drama out of everything
    • constantly looking for attention
    • being incapable of showing affection
    • having no sense of adventure
    • wearing the 'latest' fashions because they're 'in' rather than something she actually just likes.
    • thinking 'Sex & the City' was a lifestyle guide instead of a comedy
    • not being prepared to pay her own way in life (I'll probably insist on paying for dinner most of the time anyway but it's nice to know she's prepared to pay her share or even every now and then)
    • falsity (of any kind)
    • having no interests of her own
    • being into horoscopes/fortune tellers/astrology/some other whimsical bull****
    • republicanism - any kind of patriotism or politics in a big way
    • lacking social conscience
    • being so career driven that you'll sell yourself out
    • not being able to admit she's wrong (or prove it to me when I'm wrong) - only if she gets angry/sulks instead
    • not being able to enjoy herself when out with my friends
    • vacuousness
    • being label-concious - style is nothing to do with brand names - hardly needs to be said
    • following the crowd
    • poor hygiene - would but personality before this but she'd have to have one hellofa personality
    • not shaving/waxing her legs
    • Girls who think it's acceptable to hit you because they have a problem with the word cvnt. - don't mind being hit but can't stand girls that would judge you for it and hold it against you.
    And one more I just have to add, it's less a major turn-off than something that's always just a major dissappointment: not wearing good/matching underwear. - 'tis true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭fits

crikey! every time I wear fancy matching underwear, the oh never notices it! Also I dont shave/wax my legs (no need) Dont understand why women have to make themselves like little girls to be attractive! (not that I'm against grooming)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

fits wrote:
    crikey! every time I wear fancy matching underwear, the oh never notices it! Also I dont shave/wax my legs (no need) Dont understand why women have to make themselves like little girls to be attractive! (not that I'm against grooming)

EVER?:eek:

Ruu wrote:
    EVER?:eek:

very rarely....

grow up lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

My god :eek: I never realised guys were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fussy :confused:

Excuse me while i log off, go to the nearest toilet and vomit profusley.

Gosh I do hope you dont choke on it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Actually come to think of it, the ultimate turn-off is a guy who doesn't know who he is, what he wants ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

fits wrote:
    Also I dont shave/wax my legs
    uuggghhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

fits wrote:
    very rarely....

grow up lads!

Now in fairness, I don't think any guy likes his girlfriend having more hair on her legs than her head ! And stroking a carpet isn't very nice either, and I'm not talking about the ones of the floor :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

ThrownAway wrote:
    Actually come to think of it, the ultimate turn-off is a guy who doesn't know who he is, what he wants ect.

Hey but life is'nt simple enough to be so sure of oneself,it's complicated,at different times in a person's life there are decisions to be made and we do not always know what we want or what is right...it might take a lifetime before we really know what we want or who we are in such a knotty society.

Pyr0 wrote:
    Now in fairness, I don't think any guy likes his girlfriend having more hair on her legs than her head ! And stroking a carpet isn't very nice either, and I'm not talking about the ones of the floor :rolleyes:

Two scenarios for you
    Alright... All girls have equally hairy legs... and that hair is always really dark so you can see it from a mile off, and it grows really thick as well...

Or..

Some people are less hairy than others, and have light coloured hair on their legs... And they find it unnecessary to shave... because of this

OH doesnt have a problem with it, I dont find it necessary and I really dont think that in this day and age, I should be attacked for not shaving my legs!

Its backwards we're going:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

fits wrote:
    Two scenarios for you
    Some people are less hairy than others, and have light coloured hair on their legs... And they find it unnecessary to shave... because of this
    Not at all - you do whats comfortable and right for you. More power to you.

...it's just there are some things most men find attractive, and some things most men find repulsive. It's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

fits wrote:
    Two scenarios for you
    Alright... All girls have equally hairy legs... and that hair is always really dark so you can see it from a mile off, and it grows really thick as well...

Or..

post a pic of your legs and let us be the judge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

post a pic of your legs and let us be the judge ;)

If they are like this, please don't. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Ruu wrote:
    If they are like this, please don't. :)

She even has hairy big toes!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

You could definitly say the same thing about girls TBH. In my personal experience, I've seen more girls do that sort of thing to blokes than the other way around and I'm sure alot of blokes will agree with me on that one.

Mind games: It can be fun, but I know im leaving the relationship very soon. Im very competitive. lol

* The only area women need hair is on their head.
    * Women that look up to me for no aparent reason.
    * Women who are lazy in bed.
    * Hygiene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

fits wrote:
    Two scenarios for you
    I dont find it necessary and I really dont think that in this day and age, I should be attacked for not shaving my legs!

Single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Absolute dealbreakers for me:

Bimbos (the ditzy dumb blonde stereotype)
    Doormats/wallflowers
    Militant vegetarians
    Too much makeup/perfume
    Deefers
    Marketdroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dalfiatach wrote:
    Absolute dealbreakers for me:

Bimbos (the ditzy dumb blonde stereotype)
    Doormats/wallflowers
    Militant vegetarians
    Too much makeup/perfume
    Deefers
    Marketdroids
    eh. what's a deefer? and a marketdroid? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Absolute deal breaker for a guy: yellow teeth. Jesus, it's simple:
    BUY. A. TOOTHBRUSH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

el diablo wrote:
    eh. what's a deefer? and a marketdroid? :rolleyes:

Deefer: D4 head, absoluutely dahling, roysh. And especially wannabe Deefers originally from, say, Carlow or somewhere.

Marketdroid: Those vacuous eejits that "work" in Marketing. Not all Marketing people mind, some of them know what they're doing. The blatant wasters whose only talents are stringing loads of buzzwords together and sucking up to the boss...

EOA_Mushy wrote:
    Single?
    She's mentioned the other half at least 3 times now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sleepy wrote:
    /me takes deep breath:
    • a lack of intelligence or an attempt to hide it behind a dizzy persona.
    • being completely self-centred
    • still relying on mammy and daddy for money after leaving college
    • living at home yet claiming loudly that she doesn't not take a penny from her parents :rolleyes:
    • fake tan or make up that's noticeable (if it's on properly, I shouldn't know it's there)
    • being from Cork
    • having an inner-city Dublin or D4 accent
    • wearing clothes that are the wrong size/style for her figure (especially anything that gives a spare tyre around the middle
    • being seriously overweight
    • feminazis
    • whining about sore feet when wearing completely impractical shoes
    • having crap taste in music
    • kissing like a washing machine
    • self-delusion
    • being religious
    • being sexually conservative
    • being 'common'
    • being rude to anyone - a real lady is as polite to the hired help as to her guests
    • whining about her weight while doing nothing or fad-dieting instead of just hitting the gym
    • relying on her friends to make her mind up for her about anything/everything
    • trying to make a drama out of everything
    • constantly looking for attention
    • being incapable of showing affection
    • having no sense of adventure
    • wearing the 'latest' fashions because they're 'in' rather than something she actually just likes.
    • thinking 'Sex & the City' was a lifestyle guide instead of a comedy
    • not being prepared to pay her own way in life (I'll probably insist on paying for dinner most of the time anyway but it's nice to know she's prepared to pay her share or even every now and then)
    • falsity (of any kind)
    • being a slob / messy
    • getting paraletically drunk
    • having no interests of her own
    • being into horoscopes/fortune tellers/astrology/some other whimsical bull****
    • republicanism
    • lacking social conscience
    • being so career driven that you'll sell yourself out
    • not being able to admit she's wrong (or prove it to me when I'm wrong)
    • neediness
    • not being able to enjoy herself when out with my friends
    • vacuousness
    • being label-concious - style is nothing to do with brand names
    • following the crowd
    • voting Fianna Fail
    • poor hygiene.
    • not shaving/waxing her legs
    • Girls who think it's acceptable to hit you because they have a problem with the word cvnt.
    The list is endless. Which is probably why I'm single and will be for a long time to come!

And one more I just have to add, it's less a major turn-off than something that's always just a major dissappointment: not wearing good/matching underwear.
    Your list is very precise, just do not be suprised if the woman of your dreams is totally different. I had a list even longer than that when I was younger...then I fell in love with someone who was totally different from everything on my huge list, while I did not end up with him :( he did make me realise that I needed to look at a far wider group of men...result, I now have a gorgeous fiancee that I am marrying shortly who I adore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I would say to sleepy to take his list, keep onto it, and then come back to it in three years and try not to laugh your hole off at how stupid it seems.
    I dont see any merit in a list with mostly superficial items on it, you will be happy going out with a washing machine (that kisses like a dryer) before you find a girl that ticks those boxes.

Advertisement