Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms BB Checker

Options
  • 27-09-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi, when i check my line online it says that it "may be suitable, subject to conformation" but when i check my neighbours it says "Your line is suitable for broadband". Is this because i have poor quality internal wiring or is it that they already have bb...(havent asked them yet)

PS. when the line enters the house it goes into a old, small black box and is split 3 ways...would this affect the quality of the signal...Also, how could I find out the noise level (attenuation, i think) on my line (can eircom tell ya that info)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Also, how could I find out the noise level (attenuation, i think) on my line (can eircom tell ya that info)
    Not sure about the other points, but one indication could be at what speed you connect at via regular dialup. I connect at 50.6 all the time which indicates to me that the line quality is good at the point where my modem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

thanks, ive been reading about this on this Australian ISP forum

Hogwarts links are interesting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

TE0N wrote:
    PS. when the line enters the house it goes into a old, small black box and is split 3 ways...would this affect the quality of the signal...

thats your problem the lines are in parallel from that black box and not in series. could you disconnect 2 of the 3 ??

and is this what the aussies were on about ??

internode-adsl2-distance.jpg

and

http://www.exetel.com.au/pdf/downstream.pdf

Advertisement