Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another League of a Sort

Options
  • 27-09-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Alrighty, so most of you were involved in the boards.ie infantry league awhile back and it was great craic while it lasted, well from an idea from Ak47 awhile back I thought id post here and see what interest there would be in another league of the same sort, or maybe a knockout or ladder instead. Any and all ideas are welcome, Any ideas on anything to do with a league, from what rules to the name and logo for it.

I know alot of the clans are involved in leagues such as ED or CB or whatever but all are welcome from any clans or if your just a 'free range' player. If your interested pop over to here and register your interest. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

what about running it and using this forum as the hub? might make things simpler. I'm sure we could get a team up for it. What rules are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

3v3 all random teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

what about running it and using this forum as the hub? might make things simpler. I'm sure we could get a team up for it. What rules are you thinking of?

I agree, it would be easier for everyone if we used here as a hub, save people the hassle of regin on our site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well if i get more interest in it from boards.ie, yeah of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Lo, played on taking the lead this time scrapper. I'd say tig would deffo be up for this.

Random teams are nice in theory but deffo wont work. People may not see eye to eye, not turn up for games etc, its just a recipie for disaster.

Anyways 5 v 5 inf only is the easiest to organise now with the new inf only game mode. Also consider POE inf only as well?

Fairy

• Advertisement

Also consider POE inf only as well?

Hmm never even thought of POE, would be nice, i hear theres a new inf map coming out with the next patch too. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

So pretty much the asme as last time but using INF mode and 5v5 instead of 6v6 ?

One of the problems last time was communication. Expecting people to be in an irc channel 30 minutes before kick-off just didn't work out. Some players were in the channel waiting for info while others were in here.

There'll prob be a Boards team but IMHO just the one this time as opposed to 1 1/2 teams we had last time half-way through the league.

Can we get on irc sometime this week to get things together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In assuming its in 19 days or more time.

kdjac

Im not too sure when to hold this, but thats the thing about the mComp system you can either run it so you can challange each other, or set fixed challanges or even have a knockout situtaion, ill do up a few test ladders etc and show yas how it works. If we could agree on a or two during the week when the matches could be held that might help things also. :D

I was looking for ladder scripts a while back scrapper and hit a stone wall. Any of the decent ones required payment etc.

We could manually do one, however leagues tend to drop out, and unless you have rules dictating that all teams have to play each other then the top will challenge the bottom etc.

Maybe best to go for a round robin comp, with semi's and finals.

• Advertisement

Isn't Vwar a free script?

Ponster wrote:
    Isn't Vwar a free script?

vWar isnt a ladder system, its technically like a score board :D (But only able to have one home team and the rest are all challangers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Would a simple league system not be best like last time, ladders and such wouldnt be much use to boards players only the clans.

kdjac

R0ot wrote:

Looks very good. I support the idea of this site being the hub (of course based on the amount of support we can drum up) and I'm guessing that every member of every team wouldn't have to sign up @ NRG to use the mComp? Just the team leaders?

And seeing as I've already got an account over there............... :D

R0ot wrote:
    vWar isnt a ladder system, its technically like a score board :D (But only able to have one home team and the rest are all challangers)

Ahh ok. The nice thing about Vwar is that you can pit yourself down for a match and captains can see excatly how many people are or aren't available to play.

Ponster wrote:
    Ahh ok. The nice thing about Vwar is that you can pit yourself down for a match and captains can see excatly how many people are or aren't available to play.

i think this mComp thing works the same way, you sure you still have an account there? After the last site fix that is? :D

And i can create dummy accounts for everyone if needed and add them manually to each team.

I had thought about asking the boards.ie powers that be if we could have something like league.boards.ie as a domain to host at first BF2 comps and then later other comps.

Maybe we should go with that now?

Fairy

Wow.... league.boards.ie

Why aren't you a mod eh? :p

Advertisement