Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backlight not working

• 27-09-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Fujitsu siemens Amilo v2010 in for repair and the backlight is gone on the LCD. Where would I ba able to pick up a replacement LCD for this either 2nd hand or new?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give eBay a go if you haven't tried already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

There are literally hundreds of companies on the internet selling these. I hate to have to say it, but you're just being lazy asking in here before even attempting to look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I suppose that's true but sometimes it's simply faster to ask someone who might have the answer rather than trying to find out from scratch. Nevertheless I found a company that will fix the backlight rather than replace the entire LCD. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Linoge wrote:
    I hate to have to say it, but you're just being lazy asking in here before even attempting to look.

Well don't. Comments like this add nothing to the discussion. Please don't do it again.
    markdunne wrote:
    I found a company that will fix the backlight rather than replace the entire LCD.

Do I know you? :)

It would help others who may find themselves in a similar situation if you share with us with how you get on and if the company was any good.

tom dunne wrote:
    Do I know you? :)
    Don't think so... hmm maybe i should change my quote to "Brought to you by the letter M"?? :D
    tom dunne wrote:
    It would help others who may find themselves in a similar situation if you share with us with how you get on and if the company was any good.
    The company is tdcomponents, they're in Germany but if they do a good job I'll be the first one recommending them. They reckon they can do the job for about €100 which to me sounds pretty reasonable. I'll let you all know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

Just wondering how you got on with this co & how the repair went?

Jasper

Well sent off the screen and after a few days I got a mail saying they'd tested it and the backlight was fine. They then said it had to be the inverter whch i managed to get a new one of for GBP£22. Just waiting on the screen to come back to me and I should be able to fix the laptop for a lot cheaper than I originally quoted. TDComponents only charged me €25 for testing the screen and postage costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

I was asked about these efforts a while back...i seem to remember one of these recycling places had them.. you know the ones that take any old junk in.
    If your under pressure you could try there...I recon thats the best place for it.;)

Ok update on repair:
    I got the screen back promptly and put it back into the laptop and put the new inverter in aswell. Tested and the screen is back working fine. Now here's a question: Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stick the little sticky pads that cover the screws back on to the case? (Superglue is not a good answer)

Advertisement