Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parvovirus.

Options
  • 27-09-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Socket banned aswell--Ip check says both him and Jacket potato are one and the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jacket/potato

Idiot banned for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Keep the dog completely isolated from all other animals and don't go near other animals yourself in case you infect them. Get onto your VET ASAP, however it probably will involve a a slight injection and your puppy will be put to sleep :( I have never heard of a dog surviving it and doggy people I know spend lots of money regularly on vaccinating their dogs from it. Then again the dog may not have it only some other less threatening condition.

More reading on it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

Get onto ur vet straight away. parvo can be spread in the dogs feces so keep him away from other dogs. ive not known a puppy to survive the virus. can i ask where you got the puppy i.e if you bought him he should have been vaccined as is the case if you adopted/rescued him. also has your pup had contact with other dogs is a serious question to pun over.

shooting the puppy is a terrible and inhumane suggestion, if needs must let the puppy be put to sleep with some dignity-under the qualified hands of a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

How about taking him to a vet - Parvo is life threatening - not something that can wait on the advice of people that are not medically qualified on an internet chatroom :confused:
    Gimme patience

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement