Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC in the Sports Centre

Options
  • 27-09-2006 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know it the BBC in the sports centre is BBC Northern Ireland? It's not in the Café.

There's a match on Thursday I'd like to see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

John_C wrote:
    Does anyone know it the BBC in the sports centre is BBC Northern Ireland? It's not in the Café.

There's a match on Thursday I'd like to see.

Surely they have BBC in the sports cafe? And I think the BBC in Ireland is always the Northern Irealnd one. Just ask at the counter and they will more then likely let you watch it if its not busy and theres no other important match on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

panda100 wrote:
    Surely they have BBC in the sports cafe? And I think the BBC in Ireland is always the Northern Irealnd one. Just ask at the counter and they will more then likely let you watch it if its not busy and theres no other important match on
    Nope, I tried that last week. It's BBC England or something.

It was the gym I was wondering about though. I could go for a run and watch the match at the same time.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If it's another British BBC, by process of elimination, we know that they must have either (a) Free view digital channels, (b) Ntl digital, (c) Sky Digital, or (d) another digital service provider.

That means that they can choose to show BBC NI or other at will. All you need do is ask them to put it on.

If it's another British BBC, by process of elimination, we know that they must have either (a) Free view digital channels, (b) Ntl digital, (c) Sky Digital, or (d) another digital service provider.

That means that they can choose to show BBC NI or other at will. All you need do is ask them to put it on.
    OK, maybe I should have asked the girl in the café scroll through the channels. I took her at her word when she said BBC 2 was on.

Irrespective, the TV's in the gym have about 12 channels (and annoyingly, none is Setanta) so they don't have all the variations of BBC2. Does anyone know which one they do have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

John_C wrote:
    OK, maybe I should have asked the girl in the café scroll through the channels. I took her at her word when she said BBC 2 was on.

Irrespective, the TV's in the gym have about 12 channels (and annoyingly, none is Setanta) so they don't have all the variations of BBC2. Does anyone know which one they do have?

What is it with guys and setanta?!My brother paid loads to get sky in and the only channel he ever watches is setanta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

John_C wrote:

If you go to the gym early I am sure one of the bars on campus will be showing the Derry game!

If you go to the gym early I am sure one of the bars on campus will be showing the Derry game!
    You'd be surprised, I've often ended up in the Montrose Hotel to watch a match. There doesn't seem to be any Setanta in Belfield and I've had trouble getting the Bars to put on non-English soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

John_C wrote:
    You'd be surprised, I've often ended up in the Montrose Hotel to watch a match. There doesn't seem to be any Setanta in Belfield and I've had trouble getting the Bars to put on non-English soccer.

Sometimes it is just a matter of asking the barman, but the head barman in Lonnegans is a Chelski supporter :rolleyes:

When the old Sports Bar was there the barman told me that Irish teams playing will always get priority over other teams, I miss that place, sniff sniff

Advertisement