Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocket PC's

• 27-09-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I know this isnt exactly the ring thread but i thought you guys would know something about this

I'm thinking of getting a pocket pc i was just wondering how they can be used

my main idea was that i would be able to play some games on it like age of empires and other games like that where you use the mouse and then i could buy a bluetooth keyboard for it or something and use it to type up notes on and also something with wifi that i could go on the internet with

Basically just wondering what to expect from one of these and what brands to get whats the best price range

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Basically just wondering what to expect from one of these and what brands to get whats the best price range

The best thing to do is start the other way round - what price are you willing to pay? There are a range of devices to suit all prices.

Firstly, just to calrify, PDA's won't play PC games, but there are plenty of games available for them.

Secondly, do you want a Windows mobile based device or Palm based device.

Other things you may consider include if you want a PDA with phone capabilities (all your devices in one, basically). Most devices come with Wifi, bluetooth and slots for memory cards to store mp3's, files and even movies.

Check out www.expansys.ie to see what is available.

Advertisement