Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT problem - south Dublin

• 27-09-2006 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a 3MB connection from BT but it isn't getting anywhere near that. Problem is that pages won't load in the browser, loading nearly always times out, occassionally they will load without the images and sometimes, but very rarely, it will load as expected. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can you perform some trace routes to sites in and outside Ireland? Is this a recent problem? Have you tried a different browser like Firefox (or IE if you already use fox)? What sort of noise and attenuation does your router report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

Using FF at the moement, tried IE, no change. I'm using a wireless network, wont let me traceroute past the router or ping past it. How do I get past it? Problem has started about 2/3 days ago. Possibly contention? Don't really think it is though. How do I see noise and attenuation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the router web config should show you the noise and attenuation

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is important in a situation like this to try and establish first what speed you are actually getting when you sync. Have you done a speedtest with the computer connected by cable to the router? What speed does the router should you syncing at?

Have you security on your wireless network any chance any neighbours could be helping themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Using FF at the moement, tried IE, no change. I'm using a wireless network,
    Don't waste any more time testing anything until you've eliminated the possibility that it's a wireless problem, by plugging the laptop or PC directly into the router with an ethernet cable.
    wont let me traceroute past the router or ping past it. How do I get past it? Problem has started about 2/3 days ago. Possibly contention? Don't really think it is though. How do I see noise and attenuation?
    What model of Modem/router are you using. There's usually a Diagnostic option listed somewhere in the menus that will report that.

• Advertisement

Yeah the wireless is secure. The problem is intermittent, it happenes sometimes, doesn't happen at others, but is usually
    extremely slow, happens on the laptop as well as the desktop. How am I doing a speed test?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yeah the wireless is secure. The problem is intermittent, it happenes sometimes, doesn't happen at others, but is usually
    extremely slow, happens on the laptop as well as the desktop.
    How am I doing a speed test?

http://www.irishisptest.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

extremely slow, happens on the laptop as well as the desktop. How am I doing a speed test?
    Are both wireless? It might be the wireless part the signal is being degraded in some way; check signal strength when it slows down.

Right, speed test. Looks like the problem happened in the middle of the test - upload speed looks suspect.

speedtestwm4.th.jpg

• Advertisement

check signal strength

Its always at Excellent - 54Mbps

Advertisement