Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Graphics Card is better

Options
  • 27-09-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

So i have a Gainward gf4 pro 8x AGP 8x 64MB and an ATI Radeon 9200 8x/4x AGP 128MB

The problem is that when i put the gainward card in the display flashes all the time and the ATI works fine, My Motherboard supports 4x AGP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well I think your GF4 Pro is a GF4 TI4200 so it has a slight edge over the 9200 but nothing too great.

If you are getting artifacts in games with the NVIDIA GF4 then use the ATI 9200.

Frankly if you are after better performance get something newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88

the above link has everything u need to know about every card on the market. just remember that both cards use different drivers and u should be uninstalling one and installing the other to get proper results, 3dmark 2001 is a good test for these cards too.
    EL WOG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Doesn't the 9200 2.0 shaders that the Gf4 doesn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

No the 9200 is a DX8 1.4 shader supporting card, ATI annoyingly re-branded the 8500 series as the low end 9200 confusing matters with the DX9 9500 or greater series.

I wish they would stop that practice even NVIDIA has started doing it, the 7100GS is really just a 6200TC but at least it's the same shader model.

Advertisement