Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mages guild mission - Need help (includes spoilers)

• 27-09-2006 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I'm currently doing the dark fissure mission where i've to go and find the necromancer creating black soul gems at the dark fissure cave. Now ive tried countless times, but noone ever seems to appear at the altar. Can anyone shed light on this? Its driving me mad as noone ever seems to come to the altar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

ianmc38 wrote:
    I'm currently doing the dark fissure mission where i've to go and find the necromancer creating black soul gems at the dark fissure cave. Now ive tried countless times, but noone ever seems to appear at the altar. Can anyone shed light on this? Its driving me mad as noone ever seems to come to the altar

Had the same problem. I think I just went off and came back a day later (so I was able to fast travel to the cave when I came back) and there was somebody as soon as I got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

he does come out, but I think if you read the journal its only on certain days, if you stay at the cave entrance right at the door, he will come out and walk right by you, also keep an eye out for the funny light over the altar, as its not as obvious as I thought it was going to be .

actually its thurday,
    Wait until Thursday (Thurdas) night, and you’ll see the process of creating Black Soul Gems by necromancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

Just related to the Mages guild. when your master of the, how does the replication box work? it worked once. i thought , id give Nirnroots a try, along with Daedra and human hearts, but cant get them , or any thing to work now. any help?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

did you leave them in the box for a week?

its been a while since i played, but i did whatever was nessasary, that does sound familiar. but no joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

AFAIR it doesn't work with Nirnroots or Daedra stuff. Try it with something else and it should work.

that sucks. I tought that be the case with the Nirnroots. Do they tell you the Daedre part?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Guys, I just did the quest....
    Instead of waiting out there, I entered the cave and whacked all the necromancers... Nothing really happened... Then I started to search their bodies... The FIRST one, yeah, the first you kick - no need to whack them all - some worm apprentice or smth like that - he is on the left, as you enter the cave... so this guy he has a letter explaining the story about the black soul gems... Get it and give it to the questmaster... And that's it!

Advertisement