Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangemaster or Waterford?

Options
  • 27-09-2006 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Looking to buy a dual fuel (gas/electric) range cooker at the moment. Have narrowed it down to either a Rangemaster or Waterford. Waterford a bit more expensive but told in the shop more durable and better quality.
    Anyone got experience of either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 babybuntin

Hi There,
    Just noticed your thread and I'm now in the same boat, wondering which one did you go for in the end and are you happy with the decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 faroutthere

1 year later and Im now in this boat!! Im wondering what ye folks went for ? I would be very interested in finding out.
    ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 erinselbow

Hi there,

Just seen this thread, I'm actually selling a Rangemaster at the mo on Adverts.ie (http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=77781&cat=32) It's going cheap because we are getting a new kitchen. As for it's performance, well it's way above my cooking skills...I'm getting a new microwave!

We inherited it with the house, but the previous owner said it was about 2-3 years old and that she loved cooking & baking with it. Anyways if your interested it has to go to a new home in the next few weeks :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know a few people who have Rangemaster and others have Waterford Stanley and others have AGA.. everyone swears by them.. its really up to yourself to be honest.. personal choice..

Id base my decision on the warranties, which one I like more and features available as there isnt a huge different on price from what I can see.. and they are the type of thing that should be around for years.. so longevity or parts and warranties would be important..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 23 faroutthere

Thanks Erin,
    Unfortinately it wont match the rest of the kitchen , so I'll pass on the offer! Thanks for the info though. Same to you Tox ,I just have never heard of range master or much history about them and I can import one new from abroad for a fraction of the cost but I just wasnt so sure on its reliability!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know how you feel faroutthere, a friend of the family in the UK was looking at a Stanley and ended up getting their Stanley straight from the factory in Waterford as buying in the UK through a dealer was gonna crazy money.. saved something like 40% in the initial purchase price.. though they got an authorised Stanley company to install it for them to ensure their guarantee wasnt affected.

I think if you're not sure about the rangemaster or have any doubts, it might be best to forget about it as though doubts might always be there. Stick with what you know and go from there.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KATM

Thanks Erin,
    Unfortinately it wont match the rest of the kitchen , so I'll pass on the offer! Thanks for the info though. Same to you Tox ,I just have never heard of range master or much history about them and I can import one new from abroad for a fraction of the cost but I just wasnt so sure on its reliability!

Hi faroutthere,

While I realise that a vast amount of time has passed, since your post above, I'm just wondering what decision you went with?

Thanks in advance!
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

KATM wrote: »
    Hi faroutthere,

While I realise that a vast amount of time has passed, since your post above, I'm just wondering what decision you went with?

Thanks in advance!
    K

Your best bet might be to send the person a PM directly as they have not posted a response or opened a topic in well over 2 years and last visited Boards, back on Janurary of this year.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=188713
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=188713&sort=newest

Personally, I'd be looking at one of the following. http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/category/products/cooking/freestanding-ranges

Advertisement