Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a teacher or lecturer?? If so, Introduce yourself here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cathead

Hey all!

Fairly new to the boards so Ill introduce myself in my professional capacity here!

I am a primary teacher heading into my third year teaching (scary!!)
    Trained in St. Patrick's Drumcondra completing the B.Ed.

Now teaching in a a middle sized school in Meath and have first class this coming year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Hello all. Secondary modern languages teacher here, trained in 99/00. I've been working in a private school for the last three years and like so many I've been Batted by the education cuts and general contraction in that sector.

So here I am, unexpectedly, looking for a job again. It's so slow this summer. Anyway, I know I'm not alone and there seem to be loads of retirements happening. I'm hoping August will bring some luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmcspud

hi all, first msg on Boards,
    i'm a second level Science and Maths teacher on north side of Cork city.
    5th year teaching.....best advice is to get involved in sport with them..... makes life a lot easier and more enjoyable...... we for me anyway!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 carminaburana

HI.. I am a teacher of Music in second-level school, also qualified to teach Latin and Greek. I have 19 years' teaching experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Hi, I'm an Irish teacher teaching since 2003. Teach mostly irish with a bit of religion(non-exam) which is my second degree subject. Looooovvve my job! Love teaching irish! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I'm an Irish teacher. I teach adults and third level students. My summers are so boring as I love my job!

Hi everyone! I'm a biology and maths teacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I am a tutor?? at FETAC 5 & 6 level in childcare. In fact i just started. Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jinxi wrote: »
    I am a tutor?? at FETAC 5 & 6 level in childcare. In fact i just started. Any advice?

Hi and welcome to the Teaching and Lecturing forum. :) If you wish to ask for advice you can start a thread. This thread is for introductions only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gogsy

Hey there, I'm a primary school teacher, qualified last year and still looking for a job for the coming year!! AGHH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Meezmo

Hi y'all. Am secondary school teacher... though spent last number of years "ambulance chasing" (subbing sick or pregnant teachers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

New surroundings for me.

Lecturing in Information and Communications Technology in Bahrain Polytechnic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gettingthere

have been teaching second level since 1986. Have also taught and supervised on the 'Dip' - as was - for 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HappyCarrot

Hi, I'm a EFL and computer tutor based in Wexford. I'm trying to make a living from this as I got really sick of the 9 to 5 grind! Enjoying it so far but still don't have enough work :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

3rd year Mary I B.Ed here, currently out on home TP. Think about that for a second. They're going to let ME teach children! Mad! :p

Hello all anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    3rd year Mary I B.Ed here, currently out on home TP. Think about that for a second. They're going to let ME teach children! Mad! :p

Hello all anyway!

Mad is right! :eek:

Good luck with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 micmuinteoir

I am a Mary I student too. On home TP too - counting down the months to graduation - yipee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 happystar

Hi,

Secondary teacher of Economics, Business, Accounting and C.S.P.E . 5 yrs experience :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jog

hi. primary teaching since 2002. trained as secondary teacher first and no jobs - then did grad dip in Pats. loving primary teaching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishman2010

Teaching maths and computers in county cork secondary school for the past 14 years - love every day - mighty job (MOST of the time!!):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Milkydiscs

Hi.

I'm a primary teacher. Graduated with a B.Ed.from St. Pat's in Drumcondra in 1997.

Am teaching 3rd class at the moment.

Bye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

I'm a primary school teacher, teaching 5th Class this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crascred

Secondary Teacher. English and Geography Midlands School. 6 years and counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Teaching Multimedia (mostly) in FE. Came very late to teaching and love it, but only a couple more years and I will have to retire :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clairetje88

I am a barrister who has taught different legal subjects in one of the professional courses. I further have a H Dip in English and History. I have 20+ years experience

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 marmalade and jam

Primary teacher in Dublin, 2nd class this year, finished with B.Ed from Pats in 2005 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Prof Anglais

Hello

I'm an English teacher, currently teaching in West Clare for the last 15 years. I have also corrected Leaving Cert scripts for the last three years so if you have any questions about the process feel free to ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 graham83

First year out. Teaching Irish and Geography. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭smallgarden

im a home ec and technically economics teacher hoping to go into guidance counselling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭alabandical

Hi all.
    Secondary teacher - History and English. Fairly green! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tommychev

Metalwork, tech graphics and technology teacher, outta UL since '09 and teaching Design and Technology in Essex at the mo :confused:. many others in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shanicereddy

Teaching RE, Philosophy and Ethics in the UK. Did a 4year degree in Mary I and did PGCE in UK where I have been teaching since (5yrs!!). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

Newly qualified and on the hunt for work but not goin well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Hi. Primary school teacher. 2nd class this year. Co. Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Simona Maria

Hi! I am a French teacher, 8 years of experience, basically for secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bridiem

Hey,
    have been teaching a group of 10 traveller men for the past 2 and 1/2 years. just received a First Class Honours masters in teaching and learning in further and higher ed!! also just started in another centre with BTEI.
    (Hope this counts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Woohoo!
    I can now officially introduce myself here!!!
    I'm a VERY newly qualified primary school teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Secondary School Teacher of Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
    Qualfified in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 violeta8l8

I'm from Argentina. I'm a TEFL/TESOL certified ESL/EFL teacher and I also teach Spanish, which is my native language. I've been working as a teacher for over 3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Second Chance Style

I teach maths, business, SPHE, LCVP to Leaving Cert, and then I am also a tutor on FETAC Level 5 courses in our College of Further Education as part of my 22 hours. I tutor on business and childcare course students aged from 16 to 83 years. love it. Since 1988.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spud man

New to board. yea I am a primary teacher, eleven years experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Melyanna

English for specific purposes assistant lecturer, last year.
    Qualified secondary school teacher specialized in foreign language teaching + cervantes institute diploma for teaching spanish as a foreign lang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kaiser Soze Jr.

New to the Board.

Secondary School Teacher of Business, Accounting & Economics.

Qualified in 2004

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary teacher , 20 + yrs teaching:eek::eek: Working as a learning support teacher in a Gaelscoil, particular interest in exceptionally abe children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Primary teacher....qualified in 2008:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Simona Maria

Hi everyone!
    I am a French Teacher, 8 years of experience. Due to my postgraduate studies, I am also able to organise and lead a research activity, main field - didactical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gaza123

Hey guys. Another Science teacher here. I've been on boards for a while. Joined for ads.ie but hey this Education forum looks fairly useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Hi all!

Been lurking for a while now so best join up :o

Teaching French and Dutch in EU school Dunshaughlin at both primary and post-primary level AND at the same time getting qualified for secondary teaching English/French by distance course - which is all keeping me VERY VERY busy but a lot of fun too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Lecturing in Electronic Engineering temporarily until June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Paulbeth

Hi - I'm an adult education tutor. Do I belong here?

Advertisement