Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we be turned away?

Options
  • 27-09-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey me and my girlfriend and a few friends of mine are going up to dublin next week and were stayin a couple of nights in a hotel.. me and my girlfriend are staying in the same room and were both 17 but i was just wondering if they could turn us away because were not over 18 or something.. im just thinking ahead in case were stuck for a place to stay

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

No you cant be turned away .... u are 17 not 12 ...they will only query your age if you approach the bar for alcohol...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not entirely true- hotels, and indeed establishments of any type whatsoever, may turn away anyone that they so choose from their premises. They may not however discriminate on the basis of age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or membership of a minority group etc.
    You should not have any problem staying there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

the laws regarding discrimination due to age only applies to those over 18...

to the OP...dont know if there would be a problem with the hotel..maybe if you ring them up and ask about it (without disclosing who you are..so not to jepordise your booking) ?

dont really see it being a problem as long as you can pay your way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Mmm ... as I understand it, hotels can't really turn you away that easily. They have to have a good reason to turn you away.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA7Y1963S3.html

Some hotels have restrictions such as a requirement that guests have a credit card. This is not legal.

Advertisement