Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adding a border/frame

• 27-09-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I feel really stupid asking this but how do you add a black border, or any colour for that matter, to a photo. I have a b&w photo that i want to borderise!

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You just reminded me that I'm supposed to be doing more on my tutorial, including borders. Check the Digital Darkroom above later on tonight, I'll hopefully have gotten to it by then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

An easy way to create an easily modified border is to add a stroke to your layer. Double click the image thumbnaill in the layer pallet or click the f in the black circle icon at the bottom of the layer pallet to open the layer style dialogue. you can use this dialoge to creat bevel effexts drop shadows and the all important stroke etc.
    Go to stroke on the list:
    Pick inside as the position
    Size controls the, well, size.
    Now under fill type the fun starts

The simplest border is a simple white frame.
    So pick colour as the fill type and white as your colour
    For more fun pick gradient and shape burst and the gradient you pick will form your border, you can then modily the gradient to anything you wish.

The other options are somewhat boring, things like patterns etc but you might find something nice.

Another trick from here is to right click on the layer style sublayer of the layer where you applied the stroke and click "make layer" this moves the stroke to a new layer independent of the original. Now you could add a drop shadow, inner shadow or a 3D stype bevel and emboss effect just to the frame.

Advertisement