Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X06 news

Options
  • 27-09-2006 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

Suprised no one has started this thread yet. Stolen from another site with alot of crap removed ;)

• Peter Jackson working on Halo Wars and an orignial IP

• Halo Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the Halo universe

• Two epic downloadable episodes of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox Live, each with hours of new gameplay content, and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title.

• Ubisoft confirmed that the next Splinter Cell title, the installment after Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, will be exclusive to Xbox 360

• BioShock will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows next spring.

• Project Gotham Racing 4 was unveiled

• New Banjo-Kazooie game exclusively on Xbox 360

• New MMO Marvel Universe Online developed by Crytic Studios for both Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista

• DOOM and Sensible World of Soccer will be up on XBLA

• Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for $199.99 in North America and €199.99/£129.99 in the U.K., France and Germany. Comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Suddenly I want to get an Xbox 360 :)

However...
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    New MMO Marvel Universe Online developed by Crytic Studios for both Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista

Only otherwise available on Windows Vista? To me that sounds like Microsoft are buying out right again, like the whores they are. Ill never forgive them for trying to buy nintendo and scrapping the gamecube :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

DarthWraak wrote:
    Only otherwise available on Windows Vista? To me that sounds like Microsoft are buying out right again, like the whores they are. Ill never forgive them for trying to buy nintendo and scrapping the gamecube :mad:
    What? Scrapping gamecube? :confused:

Vista uses DirectX10 which is a complete rewrite of DirectX so isn't compatable with previous versions. Expect to see alot of games only available for Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I CANNOT wait for Bioshock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ciaran500 wrote:
    BioShock will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows next spring.
    I can see alot of people being a bit pissed off about this.
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    Windows Vista
    Microsoft are going to make all their new games, especially any of the big ones (even if their not dx10) vista's only. That way, more people will buy the new OS, and be riddles with bugs, security holes and other crappy ms features that come with their new operating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

abelard wrote:

QFT! It's going to rock so hard.

Also, I think DOOM is up on XBL Arcade now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreamcrusher

koneko wrote:
    QFT! It's going to rock so hard.

Also, I think DOOM is up on XBL Arcade now.
    yep its up, but costs 800 points which is a bit much if you ask me. still, im tempted at the idea of 4 player deathmatch or co-op over live.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Kiith wrote:
    I can see alot of people being a bit pissed off about this.

Microsoft are going to make all their new games, especially any of the big ones (even if their not dx10) vista's only. That way, more people will buy the new OS, and be riddles with bugs, security holes and other crappy ms features that come with their new operating systems.

What you state is a absolutely factually correct, the as of yet unreleased OS has to be worse in every way than whats out now. :rolleyes:

If they want to make their games Vista only, thats their business. There are plenty of incentives to upgrade to Vista, this is just another. If you dont like it.. consoles dont have OS updates..

Matt

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

abelard wrote:

/signed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why is it a good thing that Peter Jackson is working on a RTS ? Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of his...but RTS are not story driven and...err...am I missing something here ? I dont see it as fantastic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

the ppl behind age of empires are behind the halo wars rts, dont think peter jackson has a clue what he is going to do atm but it will be halo related:

An interview with him:
    http://xboxyde.com/news_3641_en.html#forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

DarthWraak wrote:
    Ill never forgive them for trying to buy nintendo and scrapping the gamecube :mad:

I love the way that everybody thinks that MS and Sony are these big, faceless corporations and that Nintendo can do no wrong;) Fact is Nintendo use to do the exact same thing to Sega i.e. bully shops into only stocking their console, demanding exclusive right to IPs from third party developers etc. Bottom line is money and nothing else.

X06 was a very impressive showcase for the 360 though. For the first time (to me anyway) it seems possible that they are going to take the top spots in both Europe and North America. Japan, well that's another story;)

Advertisement