Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BB in tralee

Options
  • 27-09-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

hey folks..
    Got EsatBT broadband in tralee.. the things really crawling.. like 50-100KBS at best downloading.. less for uploading.
    Is this normal for the area or what?
    I used to get atleast 200KBS before...

Aside from that theirs a group called kerrybroadband in the area.. wireless talked with the guy sounded good.. 2MBS unlimited bandwidth and a fairly low cost..
    Anyhow reccomend them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Is it just me, or is 3 posts in 30 minutes, from 3 different posters with a cumulative post count of 7, about wireless providers in Tralee, just a little bit odd?

(2 posts in the Broadband forum and one here in Ireland Offline).

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

yes its very odd.. no doubt i'm a bot and or marketeer trying to get people to use their service.. inspite of me not getting their name right.. or providing a link.. or much of anything for that matter..
    its http://kerrybroadband.ie/ btw.
    And i suppose its because what he's offering sounds very good thats why i'm asking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

KerryBroadband had a good pimp in the BB board some months back (user dolanp signed up and pimped them good oh! for a short while ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Sponge Bob wrote:
    KerryBroadband had a good pimp in the BB board some months back (user dolanp signed up and pimped them good oh! for a short while ) .

Yep ... and i think its happening again :)

I'm all for competition and people expressing their views as long as it is most definately from an arbitory fair-minded viewpoint

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yer man was probably banned for his last pimp so they simply signed up again for the next pimp . I love them boards noobs who only have one post and it says something like

"hi I just found this great service in Ballyamgoo, its called pimpmybroadband.com and they came out and did a fantastic install when nobody else would and charged way less that they should and my sheepdog did not get a good kicking like it should have when it pulled the ladder out from under yer man the installer and sent him flying , fabulous people they are and they can have my babies for me "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Wonderfull..
    I come here asking a simple question for peoples opinions or thoughts...
    And now i'm some sort of pimping promoter type...

Well feck it all then you lot arent of much use or help :/

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Yer man was probably banned for his last pimp so they simply signed up again for the next pimp . I love them boards noobs who only have one post and it says something like

"hi I just found this great service in Ballyamgoo, its called pimpmybroadband.com and they came out and did a fantastic install when nobody else would and charged way less that they should and my sheepdog did not get a good kicking like it should have when it pulled the ladder out from under yer man the installer and sent him flying , fabulous people they are and they can have my babies for me "

Unlike Chaz and Crawler from Digiweb and Garfield from Smart Telecom who only provide "informational" and "technical" updates which could never be construed as pimping.

Instead of sitting on his ar$e complaining of the lack of broadband in the more rural parts of Kerry, Paul from Kerrybroadband, and others, did something about it. I am sure when Digiweb Metro is launched in Tralee and Killarney Chaz and Crawler will be on with an "informational" post, not pimping of course.

jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Im with Kerrybroadband and find them excellent!

Maybe its because Im a "man of the cloth" but I find talk of pimps and pimping on this thread rather offensive and unbecoming.

RevBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Foxwood wrote:
    Is it just me, or is 3 posts in 30 minutes, from 3 different posters with a cumulative post count of 7, about wireless providers in Tralee, just a little bit odd?

(2 posts in the Broadband forum and one here in Ireland Offline).
    Foxwood wrote:
    So I find it helpful when people answer questions (even old questions) and find wasters who have nothing better to do with their time than accuse others of being "pimps" to be less than useless.

Pot, kettle, black.

I seem to recall you tackling me on finding it odd that there were several posts from a single poster in a matter of minutes regarding a particular broadband company.

Double standards huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

So 1 post and 9 posts about alleged pimping, with no reported post?

• Advertisement
Advertisement