Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fair City Episode

Options
  • 27-09-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Just happened to watch this evening's Fair City. Ok so what has this got to do with Motors? Well the opening scene featured Robin saying to Ray that the corolla needed a completely new rear spring system? Didnt think much of it till I saw the corolla which was a 06 with those very expensive alloys.
    Isnt this giving a bad name to the worlds best selling car..........?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It could have been crashed....if it was a part failure it would have been covered under manufacturers warranty.:) Most modern cars are falling to bits anyway, they just don't make them like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

G Luxel wrote:
    Just happened to watch this evening's Fair City. Ok so what has this got to do with Motors? Well the opening scene featured Robin saying to Ray that the corolla needed a completely new rear spring system? Didnt think much of it till I saw the corolla which was a 06 with those very expensive alloys.

With the amount of them being roled out the factory doors around the world I don't think Toyota will be too overly concerned about a quick mention by a bunch of actors on a little known Irish soap.

BTW anyone notice that those mechanics are the cleanest ever, not a spot of oil on their overalls or even hands. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

G Luxel wrote:

Our 1999 Avensis needed a completely new "spring system" when it was under 12 mths old. It was bottoming out over speed ramps with an almighty crash. It had to be done to a lot of the early Mk1s by all accounts.

Rear shocks on the 02 one had to be done at 85k to get it through the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

bazz26 wrote:
    BTW anyone notice that those mechanics are the cleanest ever, not a spot of oil on their overalls or even hands. :p

I've only ever seen them hold a screwdriver or vice-grips too :D Fair City school of mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

G Luxel wrote:

The biggest question here is why you where watching Fair City in the first place:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the garage in Fair City also doesn't have a roof. anyone find that a bit odd for a city that rains a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's a TV show. It is not reality. It's called suspension of disbelief.

yeah, but they went to the trouble of putting beer taps and optics in the pub. if they were to use the same attention to detail in the pub as they do in the garage, then they would paint the glasses and bottles onto the wall rather than using real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Fair City often rent cars off garages that are for sale. I was working on cleaning an A6 a while back that had a script in the door pocket. We had a great laugh trying to act it out as natural as those actors :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

oohhh the crapness. fair city does truly make me sad.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That's crap. Applying your logic then the cars would also be painted onto the backdrop. You're talking crap. FACT
    colm_mcm wrote:
    yeah, but they went to the trouble of putting beer taps and optics in the pub. if they were to use the same attention to detail in the pub as they do in the garage, then they would paint the glasses and bottles onto the wall rather than using real ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Oh god, are you still here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so has Paul had Robin yet behind the bosses back?

FX Meister wrote:
    That's crap. Applying your logic then the cars would also be painted onto the backdrop. You're talking crap. FACT

I said if they used the same (lack of) attention to detail. I didn't say anything about......actually, why am I bothering. you're an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

G Luxel wrote:

I always thought that 'soap' wouldn't wash the chocolate stains of my 4 year old nephews cheeky grin! It has always been a CRAP series, and well spotted on the blunder!

Had a good laugh when I saw this... only in Ireland (Dublin)!!

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

FX Meister wrote:
    It's a TV show. It is not reality. It's called suspension of disbelief.

I thought it was called suspension of this corolla?

Advertisement