Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good websites for learning a bit of Danish?

Options
  • 27-09-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Denmark now for a while. Very few of the people I work with are danish so I don't need to learn it per se. Still I'd like to get a cúpla focail, feels a bit of a waste bein here if I don't. And I'd certainly use it if I do. Anyone able to recommend any good websites for beginners?

Failing that any books/tapes anyone could recommend too would be a help.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

have you tried Speakdanish.dk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Another way I found quite helpful was watching the tv. I presume you have channels that are in danish but have english subtitles. Well reading the subtitles while hearing them in danish is a good way of picking up phrases. It would be the danish version of Hector...well not really but you know what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

check out this site. Good place to start and its free. If you want to pay for it, google "rosetta stone".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

THere's a place in the middle of Kobenhavn called KISS (Kobenhavn Intensiv Sprog Skole). It's run by tyrants but there's no doubt that you learn quickly. I learnt alot of my Danish writing from the TV.

Advertisement