Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere i can get private singing lessons?

Options
  • 27-09-2006 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi dont have a much of a singing voice but i want t at least try to improve it so does anyone know of where i can go to get singing lessons 1 on 1,i would not feel comfortable sing in front of a group just yet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infamousajay

download an instrumental (a song without the lyrics) and when there's no-one home, sing your heart out. i bet you you can sing, you just THINK you can't, probably because there's always been someone at home and it make's you feel uncomfortable when people are around. You just need time alone with the mic, have a little 1 on 1 session, it might sound sexual but if that's what it takes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Turning yourself into a singer involes one thing. It's very underestimated and is very simple but is the only thing that works. LISTEN TO YOURSELF! After a break from singing live and in the studio I can really hear that my voice control and quality has slipped a bit. What I do now is I sing at a blank wall (for reflections) or into a microphone because you hear yourself properly and can therefore hear where you are going wrong and quite simply keep repeating it until you get better! That said, there are also some very useful techniques like diaphramtic breathing and breath control (sounds faaaaar fancier than it is). Here's an example; You know that rock/pop/soul thing where a singer hits a high note quite powerfully and sustains it? You need to hit that note with your diaphram acting similar to how it would with a cough. Put your fingers just below your ribcage and cough. Feel that muscle movement? Part of that is your diaphram doing something similar to the high note movement. That's an extremely rough example but it gives you an idea. If you want to find a singing instructor maybe try the acting and drama schools, those guys work hard n that stuff.
    For whatever it's worth, I used to make a living from being a singer and at the start I couldn't sing at all. Practise, practise and some good direction and you could be amazed at what you can do. Best o' luck!

Advertisement